Bereavement volunteers act as part of the Summa Health Hospice staff by contacting survivors of hospice patients after the death. They provide a listening ear, emotional support and report possible complicated grief reactions to the bereavement staff. Bereavement volunteers might also assist with community-related hospice events.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours a month
- Can be weekly or every other week
- Bedside Vigil Volunteers
- KeepSake Pillow Volunteer
- Barberton area- Recognize &...
- Barberton In-Patient & Family...
- Office Volunteer-Office Assistant
- Caring Cuisine
- Wish Patients a Happy Birthday...
- Caring Cards Volunteer
- Provide Support to Hospice...
- Barberton/Canton - Companion...
- Recognize & Honor a Veteran
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Music Ministry
- Companion Volunteer -Akron,...
- Compose Patient's Life Stories,...
- In-Patient & Family Services...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Provide patients & families...
- Become a Spiritual Companion to...