15 people are interested
Drive your Neighbors, Drive your Community!
ORGANIZATION: Ride Connection
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
As a volunteer driver you will be the lifeline that helps older adults, Veterans, and people with disabilities stay connected to the community and thrive. You’ll build relationships with customers, become the friendly face they look forward to seeing, and keep people moving.
What you can expect from Ride Connection:
* A collaborative environment that supports your learning, growth, and passion
* Training that prepares you for your volunteer work and may lower the cost of private insurance
* Mileage reimbursement when driving your own vehicle
* Recognition for your volunteer contribution
* Opportunities to connect and foster relationships with people in your community
What we expect from our volunteers:
* A dedication to supporting the needs of older adults, veterans, and people with disabilities
* A passion for Ride Connection’s mission, vision, values, and core accountabilities
* A focus on Ride Connection’s service in the community
* A desire to provide outstanding customer service at all times
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide safe and efficient transportation for customers to and from scheduled destinations
* Provide assistance to customers as appropriate
* Ensure passengers and belongings are properly secured within the vehicle
* Keep accurate records of miles driven, volunteer hours incurred, pre and post trip inspections, and other vital information
* Drive with a focus on safety while complying with relevant road laws, regulations, and general safety standards, including reporting injuries and vehicle damage or malfunctions
About Ride Connection
9955 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR 97220, US
To link accessible, responsive transportation alternatives with individual and community needs.
Today and every day, Ride Connection provides transportation options to individuals in need. From older adults to people with disabilities to low-income individuals and underserved communities, we provide essential transportation such as door-to-door rides, community shuttles, and one-on-one public transit training. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion. Our services bring together friends and family, prevent social isolation, alleviate financial stress and create new connections that strengthen our community. Ride Connection remains committed to providing inclusive transportation options for all individuals in need in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. At Ride Connection, we believe that mobility equals independence.
Multiple locations Portland, OR 97219
September 18, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible.. The Volunteer Driver decides!
- At least five years of driving experience required.