Senior Companions - Hudson Valley (Counties of Orange, Rockland, Sullivan, Westchester)
7 people are interested
Come volunteer as a Senior Companion in the Hudson Valley region!
*Must be 55 years or older to volunteer
Senior Companions provide one-on-one support for adults with developmental disabilities. They encourage an environment of companionship and friendship where people with disabilities can develop and achieve greater independence and integration. Senior Companions are not staff, substitutes for staff, or program aides. They are community-based people who mentor adults with disabilities. As a Senior Companion, you'll receive:
- Tax-free stipend
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and other leave benefits
- A daily meal allowance or meal provided
- Transportation or mileage reimbursement
- Pre-service/on-going training
- The joy of helping others live more independently
Please contact Sue Jones at (845) 947-6198 Ext. 6198 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a Senior Companion!
We'll work with your schedule.
n/aThiells, NY 10984
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours per week
- Must be 55 years or older; volunteers must meet income eligibility levels to earn a stipend