Senior Companions - Capital District
1 person is interested
Come volunteer as a Senior Companion around the Capital District (Albany, Fulton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington counties)!
Senior Companions provide one-on-one support for adults with developmental disabilities. They encourage an environment of companionship and friendship where people with disabiltiies can develop and achieve greater independence and integration. Senior Companions are not staff, substitutes for staff, or program aides. They are community-based people who mentor adults with disabilities. As a Senior Companion, you'll receive:
- Tax-free stipend
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and other leave benefits
- A daily meal allowance or meal provided
- Transportation or mileage reimbursement
- Pre-service/on-going training
- The joy of helping others live more independently
Please contact Charlotte Hooper at (518) 581-3074 or email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a Senior Companion!
We'll work with your schedule.
3 Care LaneSaratoga Springs, NY 12866
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 55
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours per week
- Must be 55 years or older, to earn a stipend volunteers must meet income eligibility levels