8 people are interested
WRD Assistant Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Rainforest Partnership
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with a diverse team spanning numerous countries worldwide, reflecting our commitment to addressing environmental challenges on a global scale. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is looking for a dedicated Assistant Coordinator to join our dynamic team and contribute to our global program, World Rainforest Day (WRD). WRD serves as a celebration of the vital role healthy rainforests play in supporting climate, biodiversity, culture, and livelihoods, while also fostering a global movement to protect and rejuvenate these invaluable ecosystems. As a Assistant Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in bringing the next WRD to life on June 22, 2024, a day established by Rainforest Partnership. Your responsibilities will encompass campaign development, partnership cultivation, and program operations, and the expected time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours per week, tailored to your availability and program requirements.
This role is perfect for individuals who aspire to immerse themselves in the A to Z of operating a global program and orchestrating a digital campaign. The Assistant Coordinator will work closely with the program manager and have the opportunity to engage in every facet of the program.
- Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action-oriented.
- Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
- Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
- Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
- Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
- Identifying and researching opportunities to implement World Rainforest Day programs on a global scale, encompassing campaigns, events, and partnerships.
- Developing a comprehensive strategy and content for the 2024 World Rainforest Day digital campaign.
- Conducting research and outreach to potential partners, while maintaining and growing relationships with existing ones.
- Providing support for WRD fundraising initiatives, including identifying potential donors, gathering background information, and creating necessary materials.
- Collaborating with the RP leadership team to implement WRD events and plans.
- Previous experience in partnership development or working with diverse stakeholders and organizations.
- A strong desire to gain hands-on experience in program operations and campaign development.
- Adaptability to shifting priorities and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Availability during weekdays and flexibility in working hours to accommodate the global nature of the WRD team and network (please note that there are no set office hours, and you are encouraged to adjust your work schedule to suit your needs).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be dependable, responsive, resourceful and adaptable.
- Bring a positive attitude and always demonstrate humility.
- Knowledge of Spanish language is appreciated but not required.
- Working with the World Rainforest Day team means collaborating with a global network. This exposure will allow you to broaden your perspective, engage with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and develop a global mindset.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact by contributing to an organization that collaborates with indigenous and local communities to foster sustainable livelihoods, flourishing biodiversity, and enduring rainforest preservation.
- Enhance your skills and gain experience while working with a global, passionate, and diverse team to achieve common goals on behalf of our rainforests.
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment.
While our volunteer positions are unpaid, the value you bring is immeasurable. Your dedication fuels our projects, events, and initiatives, allowing us to reach our goals and create meaningful, lasting impact for our collective community.
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership protects, stabilizes and restores tropical rainforests by partnering with local and indigenous communities as guardians and economic participants while renewing harmony between people and nature.
We are an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, TX, with a highly diverse, collaborative, and supportive team on the ground in rainforests and working remotely across the globe. We’re thrilled that you’ve come to check out our open positions. We keep this page updated with all of our current volunteer and internship opportunities.
Our organization welcomes anyone who shares our determination and passion. Even if our current postings don't align perfectly with what you are looking for, we encourage you to apply or email us with any questions you might have. Regardless of your interests and skills, there's a place for you to support rainforests, vital ecosystems for our planet's health.
Should you be serious about doing the important work our rainforests need from us, we will continuously challenge your skills and push you to grow professionally through real-world conservation projects, initiatives, and responsibilities.
What difference do you want to make for rainforests? We look forward to hearing from you! Be the catalyst for change with us!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 9, 2024
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- The expected time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours per week, tailored to your availability and program requirements.