68 people are interested
Deliver Groceries to Homebound Seniors
ORGANIZATION: Council on Aging of Buncombe County
Please visit the new page to apply.
68 people are interested
Food is essential. And in economically challenging times, access to food becomes more difficult for vulnerable populations.
Right now, many seniors in our community are staying home due to Covid-19 and the delta variant. We need volunteers who can pick up and deliver boxes or bags of groceries to seniors once or twice each month.
That's where you come in.
Who are you?
- A physically able person* with a clean driving record
- You're non-judgemental and compassionate
- You care about seniors and want to support those who need help most
- A resident of Buncombe County, NC, or nearby town
Who are we?
- The Council on Aging of Buncombe County was formed in 1964 to address the needs of seniors in our community
- We provide essential support to people over 60 who need assistance with food, heat or a/c, and health care
- Our volunteers make this work possible-- consider joining us today!
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of real people right here in western North Carolina, we would love to welcome you onboard as a volunteer.
The safety of our clients is our highest priority. Here's what's required for this role:
- Clear criminal background check and driving record
- Minimum $100,000/300,000 in auto liability coverage
- Orientation and training with the Council on Aging
- A reliable vehicle that will pass NC safety inspection
Still interested? Contact us today!
Food Bags are delivered monthly to Homebound Seniors
About Council on Aging of Buncombe County
46 Sheffield Circle, Asheville, NC 28803, US
The Council on Aging of Buncombe County promotes the independence, dignity and well-being of adults through service, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging (COA) is a nonprofit organization that provides services to individuals age 60 and older. COA provides personal, caring support and assistance with the challenges of growing older. We provide referrals and help in learning the Medicare system, staying healthy and independent at home, and support for caregivers.
Buncombe County, NCCouncil On Aging46 Sheffield CircleAsheville, NC 28803
September 20, 2022
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day per month - hours vary depending on the delivery route.
- Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Report will be run by COAbc. $100,000/$300,000 auto insurance required. Must be able to lift 25-30 pounds. GPS and knowledge of rural Buncombe County are helpful but not required.