Community Growth Fund Programs Capacity Building - AmeriCorps VISTA

Save to Favorites

ORGANIZATION: Idealist.org

Recruiting Organization: Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group

Gain valuable nonprofit operations experience while making a difference as an AmeriCorps VISTA serving with Community Growth Fund (CGF) of Pittsburgh. CGF is a community development financial institution (CDFI) that believes all people, families, and communities deserve an equal opportunity to flourish. Our residential real estate and transportation loans provide the flexible capital needed to build vibrant communities in Southwestern Pennsylvania and West Virginia where everyone can thrive.

As a member of the Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group (PCRG), Community Growth Fund collaborates with other community-based non-profits across the region to achieve economic justice and racial equity through community revitalization efforts. PCRG sponsors a cohort of 10 AmeriCorps VISTAs who serve for one year at a community-based nonprofit in the Pittsburgh area to grow their organizational capacity to uplift residents out of poverty. As part of the PCRG VISTA cohort, a VISTA member placed at CGF will serve by furthering work that invests in community and economic development to improve quality of life and increase access to capital/economic opportunity for under-resourced communities.

To this end, the VISTA’s core responsibilities during their service year with Community Growth Fund will include creating a comprehensive process to communicate our array of lending products to potential low- and moderate-income borrowers, assisting with purchase/rehab/project development for affordable housing, and Ways to Work loan programs marketing. The VISTA will research and analyze processes, procedures, and documents to improve the effectiveness, impact, and sustainability of our programs. They’ll also create and implement processes to build capacity and capital to meet the financial needs of underserved communities. Additionally, the VISTA will refine office management protocols to increase the use of loans, technical assistance and other products that we deploy to reduce poverty through strategic investments in organizations and individuals. Finally, they will generate materials for product training classes to increase the number of borrowers. The VISTA will learn about CDFI operation, grant writing, and assessing community capital needs.

The PCRG VISTA program has been successful in advancing the careers of its VISTA members, who are given opportunities for professional development (i.e., classes, conferences, etc.) while gaining experience in nonprofit operations. About 70% of VISTAs that complete their year with one of PCRG’s host sites go on to staff positions at community non-profits, while the other 30% have pursued higher education, often supported by the end-of-service education award. A VISTA year also provides benefits such as student loan deferment, healthcare, childcare assistance, relocation assistance, and more. Learn more about VISTA benefits on the AmeriCorps website: https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits .

Stipend ProvidedFalse

Training ProvidedFalse

Housing AvailableFalse

Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse

Wheelchair AccessibleFalse

Fee RequiredFalse

Fee Amount: None

This opportunity is recurring

5198 More opportunities with Idealist.org

Request failed
{{ opp.title }}
This is a Virtual Opportunity.
{{ opp.location }}
We'll work with your schedule
{{ opp.dateStr }}
{{ opp.timeStr }}
More
Opportunities

About Idealist.org

Location:

389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US

Mission Statement

To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.

Description

Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.

CAUSE AREAS

Community
Homeless & Housing
Politics
Community, Homeless & Housing, Politics

WHEN

Sun Jul 30, 2023 - Wed Jul 31, 2024
05:00 PM - 04:59 PM

WHERE

1901 Centre AvenueSuite 200Pittsburgh, PA 15219

(40.44367,-79.98193)
 

SKILLS

GOOD FOR

N/A

REQUIREMENTS

  • WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME

Report this opportunity