Temporary Dog or Cat Foster
25 people are interested
Have you been interested in fostering an animal and want to learn more?
A temporary (respite) foster cares for foster animals in their home when the primary foster is on vacation or needs a break. Pet Haven makes every effort to assign foster animals that match the volunteer's life style and home situation.
- Care for a foster animal in your home in a manner prescribed by Pet Haven policy and procedures
- Provide food, water, in-home shelter, exercise, affection, and a generally safe, stable, loving environment for the foster dog or cat while the primary foster is on break
- Daily commitment for care of animal from 1 day to 2 weeks of time
Training & Supervision
- Pet Haven's Foster Coordinators provide all necessary training for fosters!
- Works closely with the Foster Coordinator and animal's primary foster
- Reward of knowing that you are helping to save an animal's life!
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous expenses (Pet Haven provides veterinary care and food)
Please fill out an online application: https://pethavenmn.org/foster/foster-application/
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities areaMinneapolis/St Paul & surrounding area, MN 55419
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training