14 people are interested
Music Therapy Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: ECHO Hospice of Pennsylvania, LLC
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
There's nothing quite like the power of music. For Hospice patients, music therapy provides much-needed physical and emotional relief. As a Music Therapy Volunteer, you'll be making a lasting and positive difference in someone's life. This is a great opportunity for not only music therapy students, but for anyone who enjoys playing music! A general hospice orientation will be provided prior to patient contact
- Play music for Hospice patients to provide them with physical and emotional peace
- Provide companionship, active listening, bedside sitting, reading, etc.
- Provide own instrument
- Must be able to play an instrument (guitar, harp, violin, piano, etc)
- Reliable and punctual
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, and supportive
- Must be able to pass a background test and drug test
- Must have valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days
- Bilingual a plus
About ECHO Hospice of Pennsylvania, LLC
417 N 8th Street, Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19123, US
The mission of Echo Hospice is to bring hope, support and life enriching care to those who face life's end. "Life is an echo. What you send out comes back. Radiate and give love and compassion, and love and compassion will return to you."
Volunteers play a vital role in hospice care. They can provide companionship and help with activities that may enhance quality of life while bringing true joy to patients facing terminal illnesses. Volunteers are important and may help ease the burdens associated with end-of-life care for families and loved ones. While Volunteers provide companionship to patients, they can be of great support to their families. We also have other volunteer opportunities available in our programs such as, our Expressions Art Therapy, Pawsitive Pals Pet Therapy, or Music Therapy.
"The world is hugged by the faithful arms of Volunteers"-Terri Guillemets
*No prior medical knowledge is necessary.
Multiple locations Philadelphia, PA 19123
February 26, 2024
- Music Theory
- Keyboard Instrument
- String Instrument
- Wind Instrument
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with you and our patients to create a schedule that accommodates both parties. Must be able to complete minimum of 25 hours of volunteering within first 90 days.
- Background check, drug test, and TB skin testing will be provided free of charge