8 people are interested
Event Coordinator Volunteer- taste of science San Antonio Chapter
ORGANIZATION: SCIENTISTS INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Kids get plenty of science festivals - so we make something for adults, for them to play.
taste of science is an events series and annual festival dedicated to bringing scientists out of the lab, in from the field and away from their computers to meet with non-specialist audiences in their favorite places. We are a national organization with community roots. Those involved are hardworking, creative and passionate people dedicated to making science more accessible to everyone.As a volunteer you would be working to connect your local community with the exciting and valuable research being carried out at institutions in San Antonio. You would help to organize events to break down the notion that science is inaccessible and carried out in the ivory tower. We work to inform citizens who can then make better decisions, based on science, when it comes to their health, the economy and our environment.
We want to engage people where they enjoy going to hang out. This might be their favorite brewery, or a family friendly event at a park.
As a taste of science San Antonio Event Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Finding the event venues
- Communicating with Presenters
- Communicating necessary event information with our Web Manager
- Ensure our Publicist(s) and Social Media Coordinator(s) have enough information to promote events
- Arrange the event schedule
- Make sure all presenters get enough time for talks and questions and event activities
- Plan and personalize specific event format
- Ensure you have necessary equipment and a MC to host
We are currently looking to fill this position in San Antonio area.
For more information on , please go to: www.tasteofscience.org/volunteer
About SCIENTISTS INC
3104 N ARMENIA AVE, TAMPA, FL 33607, US
Our mission is to create community-based connections between people and science that would not exist otherwise. We want to do this regardless of the background of our volunteers or the communities that we engage with.
Scientists, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to science outreach. We connect with our non-specialist audience through events such as our national annual taste of science festival, a week long program dedicated to adults. Every year, our festival runs simultaneously in multiple cities across the US. In 2019 we reached 16 city chapters lead by volunteers, featuring scientists, researchers, engineers and artists from their local institutions.
We also record the 2Scientists podcast sharing the stories of scientists and their experiences in research to humanize the people who do the work.
We are 100% volunteer run. A group of diverse individuals brought together through our love for science, so we dedicate our time to share research and the scientific process with our communities.
San AntonioSan Antonio, TX 78205
January 16, 2024
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- This would require a time commitment of 1-2 hours per week throughout the year, increasing to up to 10 hours per week in the 3 months leading up to the festival/events
- Our annual festival is in the last full week of April so you would be expected to commit to increased volunteer hours in the run up to the festival.