5 people are interested
Volunteer Educator/ Teacher's Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Classroom 2 Community (formerly LCMC)
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Who we are: Founded in 1963, C2C, Classroom to Community ( formerly the Literacy Council of Montgomery County, Maryland) is a private, non-profit organization. Our mission is to advance social and economic equity for under-served adults through academic instruction and workforce development.
What We Do: At C2C, we teach adults to read, write, and speak English in a vibrant multicultural community where English proficiency is a tool for success.
We equip adult learners with skills for life! Our students improve their employment opportunities, become better citizens, acquire consumer skills, and increase their involvement in their children’s education.
Who we Serve: Adult ESL ,GED, Computer Skills, Goal coaching, Citizenship, College Prep students.
We ask that all volunteers be flexible in regards to which program they will serve. Your flexibility allows us to serve the changing and most urgent needs of the students who enroll in our programs throughout the year.
Details of the volunteer position at C2C -
- Volunteers serve as teacher's assistants.
- No prior teaching experience required.
- All C2C classes are virtual on Zoom.
- Volunteers are required to be familiar/ comfortable with basic computer skills and Zoom host features / tech.
- We offer Zoom training if you need to brush up on your Zoom skills.
- All C2C volunteers are required to assist in class with their cameras ON.
- Volunteers are required to commit for a minimum of 3.5 hours per week for 8 weeks. ( You may also volunteer for 6.5 hours per week.)
- Volunteers are required to attend a free Volunteer training offered by C2C before they can assist in the classes.
C2C cannot guarantee a volunteer placement or placement in a preferred program.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Classroom 2 Community (formerly LCMC)
Montgomery County, 21 Maryland Avenue, Suite 320, Rockville, MD 20850, US
Our mission is to advance social and economic equity for under-served adults through academic instruction and workforce development.
The Literacy Council of Montgomery County (LCMC) sustains and grows the social and economic equity of adults in our region through education and workforce training. We teach adults to read, write, and speak English in a vibrant multicultural community where English proficiency is a tool for success.
Through our programs, we are equipping our adult learners with skills for life! We are passionate about helping our students reach their goals; whether that be improving employment opportunities, increasing their education levels, acquiring consumer skills, or increasing their involvement in their children’s education.
At LCMC we are fighting generational poverty and under-education in Montgomery County, and together we can do even more!
Come learn more at our info sessions! They will be held on Zoom:
Copy Link and Fill out this form to register!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 30, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Google Apps
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3.5 hours per week