DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Raise funds & beautify MKE with free, public sculptures
ORGANIZATION: SCULPTURE MILWAUKEE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
The purpose of the Development Committee is to support the Director of Development and leadership
of Sculpture Milwaukee’s (SMI) overall development plan and fundraising to include organizing,
monitoring, and evaluating the efforts of the organization.
* Gain an understanding of local community needs and how they are being addressed.
* Serve on a community committee that is making an impact in Milwaukee.
* Leadership development and networking opportunities.
* Assist the Director of Development and leadership in developing an annual fundraising plan to
generate funds to meet the organization’s fundraising goal.
* Proactively develop relationships and cultivate potential donors to provide financial support.
* Investigate new fundraising projects, activities, and ideas for possible use in the future.
* Provide periodic input on creative components, donor benefits, and general donor cultivation.
KEY GOALS FOR 2024
1) Work with SMI staff in bringing various business representatives from the Milwaukee
community to a targeted event to inform them of the community benefits of engaging with
SMI. Assist with required follow up.
2) Work with SMI staff to cultivate Individual Giving; help develop other ideas to reach individuals donating at the $500-2500 level.
3) Plan and implement a new Prospect event(s) at a Board member(s) home to introduce
10-18 people to SMI. The event will include a small wine and cheese reception with a short introduction of SMI, and tour of the 2024 SMI exhibitions.
4) Help develop ideas for reaching the individual membership category for young people.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SCULPTURE MILWAUKEE INC
735 N WATER ST STE 516, MILWAUKEE, WI 53202, US
Sculpture Milwaukee is a non-profit organization transforming downtown Milwaukee’s cultural landscape every year with an outdoor exhibition of world-renowned sculpture that serves as a catalyst for community engagement, economic development, and creative placemaking.
Producing a world-class public exhibition in the heart of Milwaukee is the core of Sculpture Milwaukee. Situated along Wisconsin Avenue, this art isn't confined to walls. It's accessible to everyone and grants viewers the opportunity to engage authentically with art in an inspiring urban environment. All at no cost. At Sculpture Milwaukee, we are forging a renewed sense of place through art for Milwaukee residents, businesses, employees, and visitors. Ultimately, transforming the fabric of our community.
Sculpture Milwaukee's rotating exhibitions draw from, not just art, but architecture, design, engineering, and landscape, crossing academic borders to create compelling, one-of-a-kind sculptures. Programming at Sculpture Milwaukee reflects these disciplines. We partner with local organizations to engage curious minds of all ages through tours, workshops, lectures, and curriculum. While public art naturally encourages dialogue, the dialogue is at its fullest when the community is thoroughly engaged, forming connections that transcend social differences.
Join us today and experience the benefits of world renown public sculpture. From the front doors of the Milwaukee Art Museum and the tree-lined Haggerty Museum of Arts to the bustling blocks at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design and the sacred spaces inside America's Black Holocaust Museum, Sculpture Milwaukee invites you to be part of our community of discovery and rediscovery.
735 North Water StreetSuite 516Milwaukee, WI 53202
January 8, 2024
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- Financial Planning
- The committee will meet bi-monthly, with tasks being completed between meetings, as needed. Additional meetings may be scheduled due to committee events and activities.
- Qualifications include: 1) Passionate about making a difference in Milwaukee. 2) Expertise in the areas of fundraising, business sales, communications, and/or marketing fields that represent the many diverse elements of the broader community.