Hospital Elder Life Program:
Recipient of the 2017 Hospital Award for Volunteer Excellence
The Hospital Elder Life Program is a program that aims to provide extra attention and care to senior citizens admitted to the hospital. Music therapy helps heal, all instruments welcome!
- Maintain physical and cognitive functioning throughout hospitalization
- Provide excellent care to the older adult population
What can I gain as a volunteer?
- Experience working with older adults
- Interest and experience in the field of healthcare
- Confidence working with patients
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped improve the hospital stay of older adults by providing healing music therapy
Clara Maass Medical Center was able to launch HELP through a generous grant from The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.
- Music Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 4 hours/week