17 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: N.E.E.D.S. Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
- Classroom Mentor Volunteers will assist Introduction to Canadian Education staff deliver orientation activities to newly arrived refugee children and youth ages 6 to end of high school who have not yet attended school in Canada. Program components include school preparedness, orientation to Winnipeg, English language skill development, social recreational activities, addressing common settlement stressors, and computer classes
Here are more details:
- Dates: Sept- June ( Monday to Thursday)
- Time: 8:30-3:30PM
- Ages of Clients: 6-21 years of age (school aged children and youth)
- Volunteer Shifts:
- Volunteers can volunteer for the full day from 8:30-3:30 PM
- Volunteers can volunteer in the morning from 8:30-12:30 PM
- Volunteers can volunteer in the afternoon from 12:00-3:30 PM
- Location: 251 Notre Dame Ave
· Classroom Assistant Role and Tasks:
o Assist in the delivery of individual and group classroom activities
o Support with the delivery of our orientation curriculum
o Help ensure that all classroom materials and supplies are prepared for each activity
o Help with classroom set-up and clean-up
o Work directly with newcomer clients to develop supportive and productive relationships
o Supervise and aid with preparing participants for entry into the Canadian school system
o Communicate client issues with lead staff.
- 08:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- 08:30 AM to 03:30 PM
- 12:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About N.E.E.D.S. Inc.
251-A Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B1N8, CA
We provide accessible services and support to immigrant and refugee children and youth and their families through the NEEDS Centre.
Our goal is to enhance the integration of immigrant and refugee youth into Canadian society by providing employment, education and social programs to develop life skills. We provide quality services. We are capacity builders. We are professional and act with integrity. We are inclusive. We are strength-based.
251-A Notre Dame AvenueWinnipeg, Manitoba R3B1N8Canada
January 16, 2024
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are needed to work one shift a week for three consecutive months.
- Complete our Volunteer Application form. Provide us with a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector search (within last 12 months). Provide us with Child Abuse Registry Check. Partake in volunteer interview and trainings.