Volunteer teaching English to children from native communities of the Peruvian Andes
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: S.D.Project - Peru
For more than eight years, we have been developing social projects directly in those Andean towns subject to economic and cultural exclusion. It is precisely in those areas where the majority of people live, descendants of the ancient Inca state, with the greatest economic development problems here in Peru.
The children's English program (apart from other valuable educational and organizational support and empowerment programs), takes place in marginalized communities in the Central Andes of the Central Andes, Peru, giving these children the opportunity to gain skills basic English skills that can help in your future education and increase your employability, as well as being open to more general knowledge.
one of our objectives is to teach this language, especially to children, as a means of self-improvement and education, since they lack the financial resources necessary to learn English.
This program will provide the opportunity for many children from populations that live in extreme poverty and will not have the opportunity to study in a private school, we develop classes from basic pronunciation materials, sentences, colors, communication, verbs and other important subjects. In addition, it is a way to improve the level of Spanish that the volunteer has, due to the continuous interaction of languages, all of this developed in a direct, entertaining and fun way.
Our organization offers:
- Accommodation in a spacious, safe and comfortable single room in a house or apartment with basic amenities and reliable Wi-Fi internet
- pick up at local airport
- basic work materials
- Continuous advice 24/7 days a week
- Exchange courses such as pastry, crafts, native food. Peruvian and international
- Every weekend, group excursions to many tourist, scenic, cultural and entertainment places
- Information about interesting places and trips in Peru.
- participate in socio-cultural events and festivities that we organize
- Learn and improve your level of Spanish at NO COST in a practical and direct way.
- Information on history, culture and Andean-Inca folklore, theoretical and completely experiential.
- (optional) to live in a practical way the Andean worldview and culture, positive rituals of Andean self-knowledge, therapies based on traditional medicine and others
- minimum age: 20 years
- COST: a contribution of 290 American Dollars, 50% or total exoneration of this contribution from the second month and subsequent months.
- have patience to work with very young girls (5-9 years old)
- Possess an open, positive and adaptable mindset.
- Person with the ability to join a multicultural team and keep the group together (important)
- intermediate English or basic Spanish
*** It is not necessary to have specialization or previous experience, here you will have continuous support, we work as a team
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Huancayo, Junín Peru
April 4, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME