Telephone Support Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Compassionate Care Hospice - Taunton
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Do you enjoy talking on the telephone?
- Do you enjoy helping and supporting people?
Compassionate Care Hospice - Taunton Ma is looking for several volunteers to make weekly phone calls to our patients/caregivers to check in with them to see to:
- Weekly Telephone calls for Tuck In Calls - this includes inquiring about any supply needs for the patient to be reordered.
- Caregiver support phone call - this includes talking with the caregiver and listening to them.
- Bereavement support call - calling bereaved individuals who have requested phone calls from a volunteer to support them during the bereavement process.
- Life Reflection phone call - speaking with caregiver to collect historical information on the patient to be shared with our staff to get to know the patient and family to support them.
2 More opportunities with Compassionate Care Hospice - Taunton
About Compassionate Care Hospice - Taunton
100 Myles Standish Blvd., Suite 103, Taunton, MA 02780, US
Compassionate Care Hospice has defined as its mission to affirm life during its final stages by providing holistic compassionate care to patients and their families; by providing access to hospice care for undeserved or difficult to serve populations; by wise and efficient use of available resources, and by educating the community in order to provide them with knowledge regarding end-of-life and hospice care around quality of life.
Hospice provides palliative support and care for persons in the last phases of incurable disease so that they may live as fully and as comfortable as possible. Hospice recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living and focuses on maintaining the quality of remaining life. Hospice affirms life and neither hastens nor postpones death. Hospice exists in the hope and belief that through appropriate care, and the promotion of a caring community sensitive to their needs, patients and their families may be free to attain a degree of mental, social, physical, and spiritual preparation for death that is satisfactory to them.
100 Myles Standish Blvd.Taunton, MA 02780
March 18, 2023
- Customer Service
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 hours a week
- complete onboarding, Cori and Background check, company training.