AmeriCorps Community Connections Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Central Terminal Restoration Corp.About the job
Be a part of something bigger.
LISC AmeriCorps is an opportunity for individuals of all ages and backgrounds to give their time and talent to strengthen their communities. LISC AmeriCorps members learn skills through service while gaining leadership experience.
Interested in putting your core values into an experience that builds your career, helps your community and provides assistance towards tuition, or repayment on qualified student loans?
The Community Connections Coordinator will collaborate with CTRC staff to continue developing strong and genuine relationships with the Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood and the broader Western New York community as the revitalization of the historic Buffalo Central Terminal progresses.
Role and responsibilities.
The AmeriCorps member’s work on community placemaking and neighborhood outreach, educational programming, and strategic communications will contribute to expanding optimism for future reuse opportunities and build a groundswell of support.
- Extend organizational reach to residents, supporters, and the larger community through neighborhood outreach and stewardship.
- Engage Broadway-Fillmore residents tand the larger WNY community in planning and placemaking efforts of the Buffalo Central Terminal.
- Grow number of community volunteers and participation in educational programming at the historic site.
- Collaborate with CTRC staff to develop and implement a communications strategy for the Buffalo Central Terminal.
- PAID VOLUNTEER with LISC NY AmeriCorps program
- 11mo. Service Term
Benefits of serving.
- Living allowance stipend, $21,000 annually
- $6,495 Education award to apply to future educational expenses or past qualified student loan debt
- Jump-start your career and gain transferable skills that employers value including leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving
- Receive coaching and mentoring while immersed in an organization inspiring community change
- Participate in monthly networking and training events hosted by LISC AmeriCorps
- Expenses paid attendee at the National Leadership Conference
- Be 17 years or older
- Have a high school degree, a GED, or must agree to achieve their GED within the term of service
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Consent to complete a national sex offender registry check, a state criminal record check, and a FBI level check (paid for by LISC AmeriCorps)
- Be eligible to receive the education award if previously served with any national service program
- Have an interest in and ability to work with diverse groups of people, including community members in disinvested neighborhoods
How to apply.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Start Date: May 1st
Send cover letter and resume to Drew Canfield, Associate Director at email@example.com.
Feel free to reach out with questions about the role as well.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
8447 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
505 Ellicott StreetBuffalo, NY 14203
March 18, 2023
- Human Resources Diversity