Parkinson Advisory Council Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Parkinson Canada
Parkinson Advisory Council Member
Volunteer Opportunity - Call for Applications
Parkinson Canada believes in a better life today for People Living with Parkinson’s, and a world without Parkinson’s tomorrow. Canada has some of the world’s highest rates, and it is growing quickly. People living with Parkinson’s are at the centre of everything we do at Parkinson Canada. We provide education and services, and we advocate with federal, provincial, and territorial governments on issues that matter to the Parkinson’s community in Canada. The Parkinson Research Program funds innovative research to search for better treatments and a cure.
People living with Parkinson’s count on us to be there at every step of their Parkinson’s journey. To learn more about us, please visit www.parkinson.ca.
The volunteer Parkinson Advisory Council (PAC) contributes to furthering the Parkinson Canada mission by actively advising the CEO, to ensure the voices of people living with Parkinson’s, and those affected by Parkinson’s, are integrated throughout the organization. The PAC is a critical driver of putting people living with Parkinson’s at the centre of Parkinson Canada’s work. Currently, we have multiple membership openings for three-year terms on the PAC. Members meet once per month to advise the CEO with an overall time commitment of 2 to 4 hours each month.
We would like to encourage applications from those living in
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and the Atlantic provinces.
Parkinson Canada is committed to an environment that respects and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion for all volunteers, employees, supporters, clients, and all people living with and affected by Parkinson’s. We welcome applications from those who might not see themselves suitably reflected in current representations of those with Parkison’s including women, folks who identify as Black, Indigenous, or persons of colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, or those from other groups targeted for oppression.
As a Member of the Parkinson Advisory Council, you bring your passion to make a difference for people affected by Parkinson’s. Your empathetic and compassionate approach to building community elevates the diverse perspectives of people affected by Parkinson’s. You are committed to Parkinson Canada’s mission and vision. As a person living with Parkinson’s, or with experience as a care partner of a person living with Parkinson’s, you bring your lived experience and expertise to the following responsibilities:
- Advise and make recommendations to the CEO on key programs and strategy decisions that address the unmet needs of people affected by Parkinson’s
- Promote the inclusion of the perspectives of people living with Parkinson’s across all areas at Parkinson Canada
- Champion the vision, mission and initiatives of Parkinson Canada with the Parkinson community across Canada
What is Needed to Succeed
- Lived experience as a person with Parkinson’s or experience as a care partner of someone living with Parkinson’s
- Passionate and eager to make a difference for the Parkinson’s community in Canada
- Knowledge of Parkinson’s and/or connections within the Parkinson’s community
- Strategic thinker with the ability to cultivate strong partnerships that grow the mission of Parkinson Canada
- Dependable, responsive, and respectful of multiple points of view
- Committed to attendance and active participation in one meeting of the PAC per month, plus optional involvement in committees
- Experience working with committees, boards, or advisory councils would be an asset
- Commitment to the principles of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Benefits for New Parkinson Advisory Council Members
- Contribute to meaningful and lasting change for people living with Parkinson’s
- Deepen knowledge of patient engagement, research, advocacy, support and services, communication, digital facilitation, and working with a high-level advisory council
- Develop new relationships with others living with Parkinson’s and care partners
- Impact Parkinson Canada’s vision and mission
- Engage regularly with Parkinson Canada’s President and CEO to provide advice and feedback
How to Apply
Complete the online Volunteer Profileor sign up to attend a
Parkinson Advisory Council Information Session.
Applicants must complete the online profile and include their resume by
Friday March 31, 2023.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8331 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
4211 Yonge Street316Toronto, ON M2P 2A9Canada
March 18, 2023