Bereavement Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Mary Washington Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
This opportunity provides ongoing telephone support to bereaved caregivers and family members who have been identified by our bereavement counselors as appropriate. This position is perfect for someone who is looking for a weekly commitment and is comfortable speaking about grief. The ideal volunteer will be emotionally mature, have good listening skills, and must complete volunteer and bereavement training.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of assigned staff provide regular contact by telephone during the year following the death as indicated in the bereavement plan of care.
- Informs bereaved about bereavement programs and resources in the community.
- Properly documents all contacts, visits, activities, and reports to the appropriate bereavement staff at regular intervals.
- Reports concerns to bereavement staff regarding special circumstances or situations.
- Respect the confidentiality of the patients, family members, and staff following all relevant procedures.
- Agree to a commitment as a bereavement volunteer for a period of one year.
1 More opportunity with Mary Washington Hospice
About Mary Washington Hospice
2300 Fall Hill Ave, Suite 401, Fredericksburg, VA 22401, US
Mary Washington Healthcare exists to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Mary Washington Hospice helps people live comfortably and with dignity. This allows the patient and family to have more meaningful days. We manage patients' pain and symptoms so they can more easily make decisions. We assist families in working through end-of-life logistics while grieving the illness and loss of a loved one.
2300 Fall Hill AveSuite 401Fredericksburg, VA 22401
March 17, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week