1 person is interested
Discord/ Streaming Volunteer - Alzheimer's Association The Longest Day
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Massachusetts/ New Hampshire Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Chapter!
Are you passionate about the fight to end Alzheimer’s and dementia? Are you connected with the egaming/ streaming community? We're looking for an expert in the Discord field who can help us connect and navigate with esports, gamers, and more in our MA/NH Chapter!
Are you interested in combining your passion and hobbies into a networking and fundraising event to support the Alzheimer’s Association?
We’re looking for volunteer leaders to help us grow The Longest Day, a signature fundraising and awareness event of the Alzheimer’s Association.
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. Our chapter serves all those affected by Alzheimer’s and all other dementia in Massachusetts and New Hampshire including more than 156,000 individuals living with Alzheimer’s.
The Longest Day (TLD) is the do-it-yourself fundraising and awareness event of the Alzheimer's Association. People across the globe pick an activity, a date and a location and invite friends, family and community to participate and donate. On the longest day of the year--the summer solstice--we collectively honor and remember all those affected and celebrate the impact of our year round fundraising for the fight to #ENDALZ. TLD activities range from yoga, golf, kayaking, tennis and hiking, to board game nights, card game tournaments, barbecues, fishing, baking and so much more! The opportunities are endless and creativity is welcome and encouraged!
Responsibilities/ Volunteer Role:
- Help us grow in the egaming/ esports/ streaming world by using your connections and networking in Discord, twitter, etc.
- Encourage your network to participate in The Longest Day by hosting an event of their own
- Collaborate and brainstorm with your local TLD staff partner on a plan to recruit and engage new streaming groups
- Attend any relevant events that could help us grow our connections locally
- Post in Facebook groups or Meetup groups to share info about TLD that are relevant to that activity
Benefits of Volunteering for your Career Path:
- Reinforces skills you’re already learning in your current role, and develops new skills
- Builds leadership skills and opportunities in an additional venue
- Connects you with like-minded socially conscious individuals working towards a greater goal
- Provides valuable networking prospects
- Unites people from differing industries and backgrounds, creating a unique network outside your current role
- Makes you a more qualified and desirable candidate for your next job
This is a volunteer role that can be done anywhere, on your own time, and within your own community in our Massachusetts & New Hampshire chapter. **Note: you must be located in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, USA.**
If you are interested in learning more, please apply or contact Meghan O'Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org!
5 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association Massachusetts/ New Hampshire Chapter
About Alzheimer's Association Massachusetts/ New Hampshire Chapter
309 Waverley Oaks Rd., Waltham, MA 02452, US
There has never been a more important time to combat this deadly disease. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Together, we can #ENDALZ!
Our vision: A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia(r). Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. There are so many ways to get involved with the Massachusetts/ New Hampshire from fundraising committees to policy and legislation reform to leading your own support groups. Check out our website to see all volunteer opportunities or check out what Volunteer Match opportunities exist!
Multiple locations Worcester, MA 01610
March 17, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- 2-4 hours per week
- Bi-monthly committee meetings (in the evening) and regular monthly check ins with staff