NHQ:ISD-QDL: SAF-ISD Learning and Development Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services (ISD) department. This position supports the department's Knowledge Management, Learning, and Development efforts. They will help facilitate access to, utilization, and learning from existing data, evidence, and knowledge generated from past operations within the American Red Cross. This is a recruitment/engagement strategy to further the objectives of the L&D team and assist the SAF/IS Learning and Development team by creating, facilitating, evaluating, and supporting the development and delivery of web-based and instructor-led training.
- Support the review of knowledge management practices and gaps for international operations. This will involve desk reviews and stakeholder consultations, as well as the writing of the findings and recommendations.
- Identify and Implement solutions and process/platform improvements. This could include activities such as edits, organization and curation of the resources in key knowledge management platforms; process-mapping for existing information and knowledge flows to identify points of improvements; providing 1:1 support to team members in building their KM-related capacity; creating tools and materials for better utilization of knowledge assets, platforms and tools.
- Assist and lead the advancement of learning management systems and instructional design practices.
- Liaise with relevant ISD units (e.g., QDL, PSU, Operations, Admin, IT) to advance solutions and represent the knowledge management and learning needs of International Services.
- Support in drafting/building L&D’s guidelines/strategies.
- Experience in working on organizational development programs, staff learning and development and knowledge management
- Experience in using MS Office 365 Suite, particularly SharePoint and Teams
- Experience facilitating or managing training in online platforms and tools (Zoom, Skype, ClickUp, etc.)
- Experience and skills in development of knowledge products, including but not limited to reports, and websites
- Experience developing training, either web-based, instructor-led, or blended
- Experience with data collection tools and instruments (survey, interviews, focus groups, codes) as well as data analysis (quantitative and quantitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and in a collegial fashion with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, both virtually and in person
- Experience working or volunteering with a Red Cross or a Red Crescent entity
- Experience using an online Learning Management System (LMS) to set up courses and class rosters
1 year, renewable
54 More opportunities with American Red Cross - National Headquarters
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 17, 2023
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Group Facilitation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per week, with some availability during business hours