Construction Crew Leader/Warehouse Coordinator AmeriCorps with Beaches Habitat for Humanity
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Beaches Habitat for Humanity
Build Affordable Homes in Atlantic Beach Florida
Help strengthen communities through a year of service with Habitat AmeriCorps; and get paid to help build sustainable solutions in the community, gain valuable hands-on experiences and prepare for your future.
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs that take different approaches to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. Full time AmeriCorps service positions offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. This hands-on experience provides you with an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and confidence while serving a critical role in helping Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better future for themselves and their families.
The AmeriCorps member serving in this position plays an integral part in building and repairing homes. This position requires time to be split between serving on the construction site and in the construction warehouse. Onsite, members will work directly with groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers, homeowners, and crew members. Members will also work to complete all home construction activities; while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment, and developing and enhancing their volunteer management and construction skills. In the warehouse, they will maintain and organize tools and supplies to help promote more efficient and cost-effective home construction and repairs.
• Report to Construction Director
• Assist with all aspects of hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
• Maintain warehouse inventory and keep the warehouse space clean and organized.
• Assist the construction team in preparing, loading, and unloading supplies for construction sites.
• On construction site, projects/ work may include new construction, rehabilitation, and home repair projects.
• Lead small groups of volunteers and facilitate safe and positive experiences for everyone working on site.
• Maintain site and warehouse safety by adhering to Habitat construction safety policies, modeling best practices and guidelines, volunteer instruction and site monitoring.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
- AmeriCorps members must be U.S. citizens, national or lawful permanent residents.
- AmeriCorps members must be at least 18 or older.
- AmeriCorps members must have a high school diploma or GED.
- AmeriCorps members may have recurring access to vulnerable populations and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria.
- Current valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Personal vehicle required for service-related activities
· Tuesday - Thursday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
· Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
· Saturday, 7:00 AM to 12:30 PM with occasional evenings, Sundays or Mondays
· Housing Benefits
· Living allowance of $17,000 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
· Segal Education Award of $6,495 upon successful completion of service.
· Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
· Personal and medical leave -- approximately 10 days total.
· Possible loan forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
· Child care benefits, if you qualify.
· Worker’s compensation insurance.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8447 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
797 Mayport RoadAtlantic Beach, FL 32233
March 17, 2023