1 person is interested
Earth Day Work Parties!
ORGANIZATION: Pierce Conservation District
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer with us by spending 3 hours at one of our habitat stewardship sites in Fircrest or Puyallup. Activities include caring for existing plants and removing invasive species such as Himalayan blackberry and English ivy. This work supports water quality, our local wildlife, and pollinators. Select the park most convenient for you!
The restoration site locations/options:
- Bradley Lake Park, Puyallup (531 31st Ave SE, Puyallup)
- Pioneer Place II, Puyallup (FULL-NO REGISTRATION)
- Silver Creek, Puyallup (1043 12th Ave SW, Puyallup)
- Whittier Park, Fircrest (921 Contra Costa Ave, Tacoma)
8 More opportunities with Pierce Conservation District
About Pierce Conservation District
308 W Stewart Ave, Puyallup, WA 98371, US
The Pierce Conservation District works with the community to improve water quality, promote sustainable agriculture, create thriving habitat, and build a just and healthy food system for all, through education, community engagement, and financial and technical assistance.
The Pierce Conservation District works with the community to improve water quality, promote sustainable agriculture, create thriving habitat, and build a just and healthy food system for all, through education, community engagement, and financial and technical assistance. Our district’s roots run deep in our community. Created in 1949 as part of a national response to the ecological disaster of the 1930s known as the Dust Bowl, we have worked for over 65-years to help local farmers, cities, and citizens address numerous sustainability challenges. Conserving our natural resources for future generations gets more difficult with each year, making the work of Pierce Conservation District more important than ever.
Address Provided Upon Sign-UpPuyallup, WA 98371
March 16, 2023
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Outdoor Recreation
- The event is 3 hours long at all the sites, but you are welcome to stay for as long as you're able to!
- Please Bring: clothing that can get dirty, pants and long sleeves, shoes that can get dirty, raingear if applicable, and water. If under 14, please bring an adult/guardian.