1 person is interested
Community Initiatives VITA Program Manager (Caseworker III)
ORGANIZATION: City of Phoenix
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City is offering a $2,500 hiring incentive to new hires for Caseworker III, which will be paid in accordance with A.R. 2.55.
City of Phoenix employees who refer candidates to this position may be eligible for a referral incentive. Candidates must list the name and employee ID number of the current employee.
The City of Phoenix Human Services Department is seeking a Community Initiatives Program Manager for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). The primary responsibility of this position includes the planning, coordinating, and implementing of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. This position also monitors and implements security measures relating to volunteers and information security as prescribed by the IRS and the City of Phoenix. Additionally, this position directly supervises a Caseworker II and performs administrative tasks related to services administered to the VITA program and IRS grant requirements.
- Conducting the recruitment, training, and management of volunteers, and programs.
- Conducting inventory to order supplies.
- Supervising the logistics of assigning volunteers to differing positions.
- Providing support and evaluating volunteers.
- Monitoring grants and production reports.
- Organizing and setting up community events to provide education related to the VITA program.
- Tracking volunteer hours.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage stressful situations with competing deadlines accurately and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of marketing.
- Ability to work with community members.
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
$49,878.40 - $76,107.20 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $76,107.20 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes:
- Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions, click here for more details: Pension Information
- 401(a) and 457 plans with employer contributions
- Choice of generous medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plans
- Medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan
- Wellness incentive of up to $720 annually
- Dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Employer paid long-term disability
- Free Bus/light rail pass
- Tuition reimbursement program up to $6,500 per year
- Paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees up to 480 hours (12 weeks) of paid leave for the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child during a 12-month period
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness offered through Savi
For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
- Three years of case management or counseling experience in a recognized social service agency.
- Including some lead or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, business, or related field.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here .
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment must be fingerprinted and will have their fingerprints used to check the Criminal History Records of the State of Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Any records returned will be reviewed to determine the candidate’s suitability for the job.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here .
- Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- Must be able to pass a background check as related to requirements for working with vulnerable populations and meet fingerprint clearance card background check requirements appropriate to employees of the Human Services Department.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Three years' experience supervising full-time staff.
- Two years' experience with volunteer management.
- Two years' experience in database management.
- Two years' experience in public speaking.
- Two years' experience leading projects.
- One year of experience with financial literacy or tax services.
- Experience marketing the VITA program through various platforms.
- Experience providing customer service to a diverse population.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish is desired.
- Working some evenings, weekends, and various shifts, will be required.
Recruitment closes March 22, 2023. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- Job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Arizona at Work has frequent classes to help with resume writing, interviewing skills, and general career guidance. Click here for more information.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Caseworker III: Job Code 07090, ID # 49088
Building the Phoenix of tomorrow.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
More opportunities with City of Phoenix
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About City of Phoenix
1202 North 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Mission is to recruit volunteers for City of Phoenix New Year's Celebration
New Year's Eve Celebration (City of Phoenix)
251 W Washington StPhoenix, AZ 85003
March 16, 2023
- Background Check