Develop Leaders who Make a Difference - Dauphin County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Regional Leadership Development
Do you have an HR background or volunteer management experience? Are you looking to sharpen and demonstrate leadership development skills? Give the gift of your people-management skills and make an impact within our American Red Cross Disaster Response team!
The Regional Leadership Development position supports the Greater Pennsylvania Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. The leadership development lead coordinates identified regional leadership volunteers training, experience, and development to enable promotion within their Group/Activity/Position (GAP) and/or become program leads in order to facilitate larger-scale disaster responses including deployment to other areas as needed.
- Collaborate with and identify potential leadership.
- Develop, implement, and oversee an organized leadership identification and development program throughout the region.
- Coordinate regional activities, priority deployments and training with regional Disaster Workforce Engagement (DWE) program leads.
- Maintain identified leadership roster tracking individual requirements to obtain promotion or movement to leadership positions.
- Advocate for assignment, training and deployment opportunities meeting individual leadership roster needs.
- Ensure career path conversations are maintained for identified leadership.
- Assemble and submit promotion package upon requirements completion.
- Provides the regional disaster officer with details, including recommended leadership development and/or assignment.
- Serve as the primary regional representative (or assign designee) on Division Disaster Readiness Workgroups
- Good communications skills-verbal and written.
- Ability to gain familiarity with online data management system/Volunteer Connection.
- Active involvement with regional volunteers.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with and ability to use the Regional Table of Organization and associated position descriptions and Group/Activity/Position chart and learning path matrix.
- Ability to gain familiarity with Training program/EDGE and Red Cross training courses.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that she/she sees as challenging.
Manages Diversity - Treats all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes.
Building Effective Teams - Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Personal Learning - Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal and managerial behavior quickly; watches others for their reactions to his/her performance and adjusts; seeks feedback.
Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; sets clear expectations; deals with problems in a timely manner; regularly reviews individual performance and holds timely discussions.
Delegation - Clearly and comfortably delegates tasks and decisions; broadly shares responsibility and accountability; trusts people to perform; lets direct reports finish their own work.
Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during stressful times; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working with and for.
Strategic Agility - Sees ahead clearly; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Effectively copes with change; can shift gears comfortable; decides and acts without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
To get Started: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=76003&h=193&p=1899125
241 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Harrisburg, PA 17102
March 20, 2023
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Disaster Response
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 8 hours/week