Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STEM Montessori Academy of Canada
Are you looking to gain more experience as an HR Generalist and volunteer within the field? We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic HR Generalist to volunteer with us to onboard volunteers, students, and staff to help us with our locations across cities in Canada.
The canadian Institue of Stem Innovation / Stemtopia is an international STEM program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program educates students from preschool to high school. SMAC specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Our successful volunteers have these characteristics:
- Self-directed and Motivated Learner
- Research answers and questions independently, but know when to ask for assistance
- Shows initiative within competence limits and seeks means to fulfil areas for improvement
- Flexible, confident and respectful to others
- Passion for education
- Enthusiastic and exemplifies a good work ethic - dedicated and committed
- Great at planning, organization, leadership and teamwork and time management
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Heavy screening and interviewing of new candidates and volunteers
- Onboarding duties including required paperwork submissions, follow up emailing
- Recruiting and staffing logistics
- Organizational and space planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Ad hoc office/HR duties as required
- Working alongside volunteer trainers to achieve the same goals of the organization
- A thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of the recruitment process
- Current and up-to-date knowledge specific to HR regulations and employment laws
- An excellent sense of judgement and ability to resolve conflicts
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Zoom platforms
What’s in it for you?
- Volunteer hours
- Human resource experience and network opportunities
- Job reference letter (if required)
- On the job training and experience in the field
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within our community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
24 Alexander StreetBrampton, ON L6V 1H6Canada
March 16, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK