Volunteer Administration - The Works Art & Design Festival
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Works Art & Design Festival
The Volunteer administration position is an important role as they assist the volunteer coordinator prior, during, and after the festival depending on volunteer availability. While duties will differ day to day, it involves the more administrative side of the festival, assisting with volunteer sign-ins, scheduling, snacks set up, relieving volunteers for breaks, and in general an extra pair of helping hands.
The Works Art & Design Festival is the most unique, free event of its kind. It attracts artists, designers and patrons from around the world - boosting the city’s energy and imagination at the start of each summer. The 2023 Festival dates are July 7th-July 16.
This role is great for volunteers who are looking for more flexibility, developing administration skills, and are available prior to the festival dates. Ideally, these volunteers should have a high degree of familiarity with the festival and can be trusted with responsibilities that are above and beyond those required of other positions. As this is a trusted position, a reference and/or familiarity with The Works is required.
Skills and Assets Required:
- The ability to remain outside for an entire shift in all (safe) weather conditions is an asset.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, good organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to communicate in some manner and comfort interacting with and responding to the general public, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to adapt to different and varied festival conditions daily.
- Appreciation of arts, contemporary art, and festival is an asset
- Some experience in management/as a team lead, able to delegate tasks, and confidence in the role of administrator is an asset.
- Typical volunteer shifts are 3-4 hours in length including a 30-minute break. Accommodation can be arranged.
- We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts. Accommodation can be arranged.
- Attendance to a 1.5-hour in-person orientation is mandatory, however there will be multiple held to allow for differing schedules. Accommodation can also be arranged.
- As this is a special position, start date can be prior to festival and can last after the end of the festival, depending on volunteer schedule.
Apply directly by going to:
To see a full list of volunteer positions go on our website:
Contact us through
Phone: 780.426.2122 (ext. 230)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
8447 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
100 Street NorthwestEdmonton, AB T5H 2C3Canada
March 16, 2023