New Tutor Training: March 28, 30, and April 4, via Zoom!
ORGANIZATION: THE LITERACY COUNCIL OF WASHINGTON COUNTY
Please visit the new page to apply.
Would you like to help another adult (over age 18) read, write, or speak English, or to improve their skills?
Would you like to help someone prep for the GED exam; perhaps teaching math?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!!!
You don't need teaching experience to be a tutor with us. You DO need:
- to live in, or near, Washington County, Maryland as students tend to prefer to meet in person
- to be an adult (over 18) who has a few free hours a week in which to prepare lessons and to teach
- must be fluent in English
- have enthusiasm, dedication, cultural sensitivity, and patience
Please note: At this time, training will be via Zoom
Interested? Lets' chat!! Call: 301-739-4208 or Email: email@example.com
2 More opportunities with THE LITERACY COUNCIL OF WASHINGTON COUNTY
About THE LITERACY COUNCIL OF WASHINGTON COUNTY
15 RANDOLPH AVE, HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740, US
The Literacy Council of Washington County, Inc., a non-profit organization, provides free, community-based, one-on-one adult literacy training to ensure that all adults have the access to quality education needed to fully realize their potential as individuals, parents, and citizens.
We have two (2) programs:
BASIC LITERACY - we assist any adult over 18 yrs old who desires help with reading, writing, vocab, pronunciation, spelling, etc. We also help the student pursue their GED.
ESL - we assist the foreign-born by teaching them conversational English. We also help the student pursue USA citizenship.
15 RANDOLPH AVEHAGERSTOWN, MD 21740
March 15, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Working with one student, in a week you’ll spend: • 1 hour preparing a lesson (this will vary) • 1 – 1.25 hours tutoring • Travel time (note: Zoom is a possibility)
- - to live in, or near, Washington County, Maryland - to be an adult (over 18) who has a few free hours a week in which to prepare lessons and to teach - must be fluent in English - have enthusiasm, dedication, cultural sensitivity, and patience