Cosmetologist Volunteer for Hospice- Wichita
ORGANIZATION: Rivercross Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are in need of a hair dresser for the Wichita and surrounding area for our Hospice patients. More times than not, our patients are not able to drive to do simple tasks such as a hair cut. This is a simple but much appreciated service!
- Do I need to have a cosmetology license? Yes.
- Can I volunteer around my work/school schedule? Yes! Patients can have visitors throughout the days, evenings and weekends.
- How often would I need to volunteer? As often as you'd like. You can do once a month, twice a month or weekly if you'd like
- Can I shadow someone first to see if it would be a good fit? Yes, email me and we can set this up.
- How long would I have to commit to volunteering? As long as you'd like.
- Is medical training required? No.
- Would we have to do any personal care for the patients (including eating, bathing, etc)? No. This is not allowed to be done by our volunteers.
- Do we have to be vaccinated? Yes.
- Do we have to have a valid drivers license and car insurance? Yes.
Have more questions? Give me a shout!
11 More opportunities with Rivercross Hospice
About Rivercross Hospice
251 S. Whittier St., Wichita, KS 67207, US
Rivercross Hospice is dedicated to providing and promoting the best quality of care for patients and families facing end-of-life issues.
What is Hospice?
Hospice manages pain, controls symptoms, and understands that emotional and spiritual stresses are as significant as physical pain.
The Hospice Team supports and comforts terminally ill patients and their loved ones. Hospice is not about death, but rather about the quality of life as it nears its end. It is not a place to send people to die and it is not about last-minute hospital care.
Rivercross Hospice treats the whole person, not just the disease, providing care for the mind, body and spirit. The Hospice Benefit is not just for the patient. We also provide care and support for the family and loved ones during their time of need.
Hospice offers dignified living at the end of life.
Multiple locations Wichita, KS 67207
March 15, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is fully based on your schedule.
- Covid vaccination; Cosmetology license