National Office Program Assistant (AmeriCorps Position)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps--Tri-State Area
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps (NDMVA) is seeking applicants to serve as a Full-time AmeriCorps Member at "I Have A Dream" Foundation in New York City from September 2023-July 2024.
At the "I Have A Dream" Foundation, we provide individualized social, emotional, and academic support to young people ("Dreamers") from under-resourced communities from kindergarten all the way through college, along with guaranteed tuition support. We believe that when given equal access to the resources they need to succeed, all children can ignite their innate potential and achieve their dreams. Since "I Have A Dream" was founded by Eugene Lang in 1981, we have served nearly 18,000 Dreamers in over 200 programs nationally.
General Postsecondary Program support:
- East Harlem Program: provide after school support (support on-site postsecondary readiness activities) as needed.
- Alumni Engagement: Assist and support Alumni-related activities and events as needed
- Assist with preparation for staff meetings
- Communicate with Affiliate staff re: monthly Collab meetings
- Record meeting notes for Collabs and other related meetings
Opportunity Network Career Fluency Curriculum:
- Prepare and share Opp Net lessons with Affiliates
- Assist with preparation and facilitation of Opp Net lessons at the East Harlem Program site
- Manage data and evaluation for Opp Net lessons, including creating pre and post surveys; assisting Affiliates with data collection for workshops; and creating the End of Year Affiliate Data Reports
Dream UP Conference:
- Assist with planning and preparation for summer student conference
- Conduct outreach and communication with Affiliates re: attendance and registration for summer conference
- Assist with and serve as point person for conference logistics
- Conference data: create conference data collection forms (registration/consent/supplemental forms); create pre and post surveys for conference; collect, track, and organize data
IHDF Enrichment Activities:
- Assist with collecting information about summer and other opportunities to share with the network
- Conduct outreach and communication about enrichment opportunities with the IHDF network
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college credits preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience working with youth under the age of 13
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
AmeriCorps Member Benefits:
- Living Allowance: Because Notre Dame- AmeriCorps is partnered with the Corporation for National and Community Service, we are able to offer our members a yearly living allowance which is distributed bi-weekly over the 11 months term. The pre-tax figure for 2023-2024 is approx. $17,600.
- The Education Award: Upon completion of a service term, AmeriCorps members receive a taxable education award of $7,395. The education award can be applied to qualified student loans or future education.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Members of NDA are eligible for forbearance of federal student loans during their term of service. This means that while a member is serving, he or she does not make payments on his or her qualifying loans. In addition, the National Trust will pay the interest that accrues on the loan at the end of the term of service. For more information please visit Postponing Student Loan Payments and Getting Interest Paid
- Optional Health Insurance: We provide optional healthcare while you serve with NDA.
- Child Care: NDA members may also be eligible for child care benefits. The AmeriCorps Child Care Program covers up to the state’s local market rate for child care fees and makes payments directly to the member’s caregiver.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8483 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
322 8th AvenueNew York, NY 10001
March 15, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME