Floating Classroom Assistants (AmeriCorps Positions)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps--Boston
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps (NDMVA) is seeking Floating Classroom Assistants to serve as a Full-time AmeriCorps Member at Mission Grammar School in Mission Hill from September 2022-July 2023.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Mission Grammar School is an urban, college prep Catholic School dedicated to reaching individual excellence in a faith-based community rooted in Gospel values. The strength of a school is in its community. Families, the administration, faculty, staff, and scholars work in partnership to accomplish and strengthen academic and social success. In a society characterized by diversity, Mission Grammar commits itself to inspire in each student a desire to build just and enriching relationships. As a community that embraces differences and celebrates the fundamental dignity of the human person, we work to build a code of conduct based on the principles of Responsive Classroom. We promote growth and make change in partnership with families and scholars. We celebrate our identity of being a Peace First school. As part of a neighborhood rich in resources, we seek to continually strengthen student opportunities, support our teachers and fulfill professional development at all levels.
You can visit their website here
AmeriCorps Members will serve the student body in a variety of roles including assisting teachers in academic instruction, tutoring and small group instruction, and assisting in school-wide needs such as helping with recess and lunch duties, as well as the after-school program.
We invite applications from individuals who are over 18 and have work experience or a college education. A high school diploma is required unless the applicant is enrolled in a GED program while serving and completes his or her GED by the end of the year of service.
Applicants should also possess:
- The willingness to spend a year in the service of others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and work on a team.
- U.S. citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident.
- Commitment to serve as a full-time volunteer for 11 months.
AmeriCorps Member Benefits:
- Living Allowance: Because Notre Dame- AmeriCorps is partnered with the Corporation for National and Community Service, we are able to offer our members a yearly living allowance of approximately $17,000.
- The Education Award: Upon completion of an 11 month service term, AmeriCorps members receive a taxable education award of approximately $6,500. The education award can be applied to qualified student loans or future education at a Title IV institution.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Members of NDA are eligible for forbearance of federal student loans during their term of service. This means that while a member is serving, he or she does not make payments on his or her qualifying loans. In addition, the National Trust will pay the interest that accrues on the loan at the end of the term of service.
- Optional Health Insurance: We provide optional healthcare while you serve with NDA.
- Child Care: NDA members may also be eligible for child care benefits. The AmeriCorps Child Care Program covers up to the state’s local market rate for child care fees and makes payments directly to the member’s caregiver.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8323 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
94 St. Alphonsus StreetRoxbury, MA 02120
March 15, 2023
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME