Group Leader (AmeriCorps Position)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps--Tri-State Area
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps (NDMVA) is seeking applicants to serve as a Full-time AmeriCorps Member at "I Have A Dream" Foundation in New York City from September 2023-July 2024.
The AmeriCorps Group Leader implements and develops project based educational, youth leadership, physical education, healthy living, literacy, and arts workshops for a cohort of elementary school participants, Group Leaders will need to balance academic enrichment and leadership development through hand-on projects and theme-based learning that encourages critical thinking.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with IHAD team and community partners to develop and enhance programming
- Design recreational, arts and developmental activities for youth (sports, games, arts and crafts, theater, field trips, etc.)
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum; submit sequenced lesson plans in advance
- Develop and maintain volunteer recruitment processes using the internet: volunteer websites, social media, college websites, Craig’s List, etc.
- Provide support and management of the volunteers onsite
- Work with IHAD Team to develop and maintain Summer Camp program and curriculum
- Assist and support the program with special events such as talent shows, awards ceremonies, trainings, and parent meetings as necessary
- Maintain partnerships with corporate & private business sectors; civic organizations, unions, religious organizations, colleges, universities and high schools
- Track completion and timely submission of all program reports relative to this position, including but not limited to participant attendance, performance, supply requests, lesson plans and timesheets
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college credits preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience working with youth under the age of 13
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
Two Service Locations for this position:
Chelsea : 322 8th Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10001
East Harlem, PS 7: 160 East 120th St. New York, NY 10035
AmeriCorps Member Benefits:
- Living Allowance: Because Notre Dame- AmeriCorps is partnered with the Corporation for National and Community Service, we are able to offer our members a yearly living allowance which is distributed bi-weekly over the 11 months term. The pre-tax figure for 2023-2024 is approx. $17,600.
- The Education Award: Upon completion of a service term, AmeriCorps members receive a taxable education award of $7,395. The education award can be applied to qualified student loans or future education.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Members of NDA are eligible for forbearance of federal student loans during their term of service. This means that while a member is serving, he or she does not make payments on his or her qualifying loans. In addition, the National Trust will pay the interest that accrues on the loan at the end of the term of service. For more information please visit Postponing Student Loan Payments and Getting Interest Paid
- Optional Health Insurance: We provide optional healthcare while you serve with NDA.
- Child Care: NDA members may also be eligible for child care benefits. The AmeriCorps Child Care Program covers up to the state’s local market rate for child care fees and makes payments directly to the member’s caregiver.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
322 8th AvenueNew York, NY 10001
March 15, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME