Law Enforcement Training Center Research Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: The Humane Society of the United States
Please visit the new page to apply.
Work from home to help animals by providing support for our Law Enforcement Outreach & Engagement team.
We have a great opportunity for those interested in political science or criminal justice and/or looking to gain experience working with law enforcement.
The volunteer will assist with research and resource mapping in priority regions and through organizing internal data systems, supporting our team's work to support current and emerging organizational priorities through law enforcement outreach, engagement, and training.
Among other duties, the volunteer will research and identify relevant cases, investigations, and news stories, and update the law enforcement database.
Ctrl Click the link : The Humane Society of the United States to apply.
2 More opportunities with The Humane Society of the United States2 Reviews
About The Humane Society of the United States
700 PROFESSIONAL DR, GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879, US
We fight the big fights to end suffering for all animals. Together with millions of supporters, we take on puppy mills, factory farms, trophy hunts, animal testing and other cruel industries. With our affiliates, we rescue and care for thousands of animals every year through our animal rescue team’s work and other hands-on animal care services. We fight all forms of animal cruelty to achieve the vision behind our name: A humane society. And we can’t do it without you.
We work to:
- Provide direct care, rescue and services for animals in crisis.
- Pass local, state and federal laws to protect animals.
- Make sure existing laws are properly enforced.
- Help the biggest corporations reform their animal welfare policies.
- Shape public opinion on animal cruelty through our awareness campaigns and investigations.
- The world’s greatest roster of scientists and other experts in animal welfare.
- State directors across the country working at the local level.
- Five affiliated animal sanctuaries and medical centers.
- Programs that provide veterinary care and other animal services to inner cities, and a veterinary affiliate that provides these services to Native American reservations.
- Wildlife sanctuaries in more than 35 states.
- A global affiliate, Humane Society International, which runs programs in more than 20 countries.
We take a mainstream approach and combat the most severe forms of cruelty and abuse. Leaders in the humane movement ranked us the most effective animal organization in the country in a survey conducted by Guidestar’s Philanthropedia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 14, 2023
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for the first two months
- Strong online research, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills Data entry experience Excellent attention to detail Understanding of Google or media alerts Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to work well independently