Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that is fully remote. Our organization provides children affected by cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support them with a range of self-expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums. This is an amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on improving the children's lives while also gaining valuable skills that can be utilized in your professional careers. You will gain experience collaborating with various departments and managing a team.
The manager in this role is responsible for the communications-based activities within the organization, developing relations associated with press releases, and utilizing multi-media outlets to its fullest extent. Additionally, a manager is responsible for overseeing and meeting goals within the communications department to ensure growth is being met.
- Identify stories within AFB and create awareness to the public and media.
- Create and maintain relationships with media outlets.
- Develop strategies that help promote our organization to the right audience.
- Work directly with the president to ensure goals are being met, the right media outlets are being reached out to, and growth is continuing within the department.
- ·Prepare and edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences.
- ·Act as a point person for information requests from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
- Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience in related field
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business Management or other related fields.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to produce polished and compelling copy on tight deadlines.
- Creativity in tapping and cultivating mainstream media and social networking communities.
- Proven ability to identify and market good story ideas.
- Prefer candidates with local or hyperlocal media relationships.
Benefits and Recognition
This virtual position provides schedule flexibility and the ability to work remotely from the comfort of your own home office. This is an exciting opportunity to improve upon your skillset and gain experience overseeing a department while managing and delegating tasks to a team. You will gain valuable experience for fundraising management, event planning, marketing, and nonprofit management. Individuals interested in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector or fundraising and event planning, as well as anyone committed to the positive physical, emotional, intellectual, and artistic development of children and youth, as well as community service, should apply!
Our volunteers are highly valued members of the A Free Bird team and contribute to making a significant difference in the successful execution of A Free Birds vision and mission, our advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives, and helping promote social change to support children’s artistic expression. A Free Bird will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete their volunteer placement.
- This position requires a six-month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week with the flexibility to plan your schedule.
- *Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Non-profit Organization ManagementEmployment Type
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8323 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
March 14, 2023