DIV:VS - Division Volunteer Services Volunteer Recruitment Lead (SEC)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Division Volunteer Services department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. In partnership with the Division Volunteer Services Executive, the Division Volunteer Services Recruitment Lead oversees Volunteer recruitment strategies, tactics, and metrics related to "The Volunteer Experience". This position will serve as a subject matter expert in recruitment and assist in the implementation of strategic volunteer recruitment by collaborating with national and regional recruitment teams. In partnership with the Division Volunteer Services Executive, they will help leverage and implement a "best practices" approach. They serve as a resource for Regional Volunteer Services Officers, regional Recruitment Specialists, and regions' Volunteer Recruitment Leads.
- Enhances the Volunteer Recruitment strategy for the assigned division
- Utilizes data related to metrics and performance indicators to evaluate and enhance recruitment plans and strategies
- Partners with the DVSE to collaborate with national headquarters and regional recruitment teams to understand and guide the execution of the recruitment plans ensuring targeted, proactive recruitment for high-priority positions and beyond.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on volunteer recruitment
- Leads ongoing discussions with regional volunteer recruitment teams regarding recruitment, roles, and responsibilities; helps to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Knowledge, understanding, and enthusiasm for Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, required
- Minimum 6 months experience as a Red Cross employee or volunteer, required
- Experience working with volunteers, required
- Experience with a sales/recruitment model that included funneling prospects to a sale/position, required
- Recruitment experience that emphasizes prospect research and recruitment planning, required
- Availability to work remotely and be available a minimum of 10 hours/month with some occasional travel, required
- Availability during business hours, required
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required
- Work well both individually and with others, required
- Relationship-building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed, required
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience, required
- Workforce management experience including recruitment and/or engagement, required
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal), required
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, required
52 More opportunities with American Red Cross - National Headquarters
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 13, 2023
- Business Planning
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- A minimum of 10 hours per month, working remotely and on-site.