DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
1-5 hrs/wk: Project Manager, Refugee Support Project
ORGANIZATION: PPSC'S Refugee Support Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
1-5 hrs/wk: Refugee Support Project - PROJECT MANAGER
In light of the horrific war in the Ukraine, PPSC (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center) mobilized to form the PPSC Refugee Support Project, a group of volunteers throughout the mental health and lay community, to provide crisis and support services to refugees, their families and service providers impacted by the war. Volunteers in the PPSC RSP fall into several categories: Licensed Clinicians/Therapists, Translators, Asylum Advocates and Administrative Volunteers.Description:
Since creating the REFUGEE SUPPORT PROJECT through the PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPY STUDY CENTER, our Project Co-Coordinators have developed strong project infrastructure, detailed workflows, training/orientation videos, protocols for each and every task, as well as fully staffed Teams (managed by our Team Leaders, Supervisors, Coordinators, and liaisons).
We are seeking a Project Manager who can oversee operations. This will require checking emails in the morning and in the evening to ensure that any volunteer or refugee inquiries are addressed by the appropriate teams. Some days will include being on standby if tasks are not available that day.
- Will offer 1-5 hours/week (or as needed) to supervise Refugee Support Project operations
- Will utilize strategic planning and effective communication skills to prioritize tasks and to direct volunteers to the appropriate Team Leader.
- Will advise Project Co-Coordinators of any tasks that require greater in-depth knowledge of the Project, it's evolving needs and tasks that are handled on the Administration level.
- Learning the ins & outs of PPSC RSP while allowing Team Leaders to guide day to day operations.
- Basic understanding of Google Suite functionality, specifically sharing of google docs, sheets, newsletters, flyers, etc. as needed.
- Ability to check emails twice a day (morning & evening), focusing first on emails that require immediate attention (Subject of an email states TIME SENSITIVE), while otherwise seeing any influx of emails as largely Project Updates that likely donot require any action on your part.
- For non-urgent emails, ensuring that a response or action is taken within 24-72 hours, sometimes longer if waiting on confirmation/approval of task specifics from Project Co-Coordinators.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, with transparency of one's availability so as to ensure that we are properly supporting you (ex: providing you with an assistant).
Professional letters of reference/recommendation from PPSC can be requested by Volunteers and will be awarded to those who are engaged in the role which they have expressed interest in.
10 More opportunities with PPSC'S Refugee Support Program
About PPSC'S Refugee Support Program
80 5TH AVE RM 903 # A, NEW YORK, NY 10011, US
The Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center (PPSC) mobilized to form the PPSC Refugee Support Project, a group of volunteers throughout the mental health and lay community, to provide crisis and support services to refugees and their families. Volunteers in the PPSC RSP fall into several categories: Clinicians/Therapists, Translators, Asylum Advocates, and Administrative Volunteers.
Founded in 1986 in New York City, PPSC is home to a 30-year tradition in discovering what works in the field of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Providing both treatment and training, PPSC is proud to be part of the evolving field of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Please take a moment to explore our website, and contact us if you need further assistance locating a therapist or finding more information specific to training and certification.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 11, 2023
- Performance Management
- Administrative Support
- Google Apps
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Social Work
- Must be at least 21
- 1-5 hours per week or on standby depending on Project needs.
- Use of critical thinking, assertiveness, and problem-solving skills to provide effective Project Management needs. Google docs knowledge is a must.