DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Donor Engagement Ambassador: Donor Retention Manager
ORGANIZATION: AFRICA STRONG INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Africa Strong is a volunteer-run organization. We are rooted in the belief that we all have an inherent responsibility to make a meaningful difference in our community and the world. We are looking for individuals that share our beliefs and want to help us drive our mission forward.
Key duties and responsibilities may include:
- Implementing donor retention strategies: The volunteer will help the Executive Director research, develop, and implement donor retention strategies to ensure that donors continue to support the organization's mission and programs.
- Maintaining donor databases: The volunteer will help maintain accurate and up-to-date donor databases, including contact information, donation history, and communication preferences.
- Acknowledging donations: The volunteer will help acknowledge all donations received, either through letters, phone calls, or other forms of communication.
- Engaging with donors: The volunteer will contribute to donor engagement through various means such as newsletters, social media, and events to keep them informed about the organization's work and to foster a sense of community.
- Supporting donor events: The volunteer will be asked to support donor events. This will vary based on availability, but could include coordinating logistics, managing invitations, and assisting with other event-related tasks.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with donors.
- Have strong verbal and writing skills.
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented.
- Possess good time management skills.
- Nonprofit donor management experience is preferred but not required.
- A passion for the mission and goals of the organization is important to effectively communicate and promote the organization's message.
6 More opportunities with AFRICA STRONG INC
About AFRICA STRONG INC
PO BOX 1164, MARY ESTHER, FL 32569, US
Africa Strong Inc’s Mission: To provide a safe and quality learning environment to improve learning outcomes for the communities we serve Africa Strong Inc’s Strategy: Partner with like-minded organizations to address the three underlying challenges that prevent students from receiving a quality and relevant education today: lack of quality educators, conducive learning environment, access to quality educational materials
- Africa Strong is a non-profit organization focused on creating lasting learning environments for the underserved children of sub-Saharan Africa.
- Sub-Saharan Africa has the highest rate of uneducated youth in the entire world, 90% of those children in school are not adequately learning.
- 133 million children in Africa are in schools where they do not learn.
- Impacted over 2,075 people
- Increased student performance on Primary leaving exam resulting in continuous metric improvement each year
- Reduced Teachers absenteeism from 40% to 5% by renovating and building teacher housing
- Built dormitories, expanding the boarding capacity by 50%
- Removed the barrier for girl education by providing reusable menstruation kits to 60 female students
- Increased school enrollment by 200 students
- Established libraries at 3 schools
As the Africa Strong Board of Directors evaluated opportunities to extend our impact, we were drawn towards teacher professional development as the most scalable lever to expand our reach to an exponential number of children across sub-Saharan Africa.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 11, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Donor Management
- Must be at least 18
- 5 to 10 hrs a month. Africa Strong is growing; the more donors we engage and grants we secure, the more work we can do. We are flexible and will work with you to create a schedule that works for both of us. Certain activities will be time dependent.
- We are looking for volunteers that can commit to one year in the position.