Vice President | Board Member, Collaboration and Intelligence
ORGANIZATION: PROTECT US KIDS FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
To date, research has revealed important and often nuanced distinctions between those trafficked for sex, labor and domestic servitude. Human trafficking is a diverse and complex phenomenon, of which improved data is critical towards identifying methods for successful intervention.
Protect Us Kids Foundation focus centers on child exploitation techniques that leverage technology, data, and the social and human factor. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the invaluable subject matter expertise, global networks, and intelligence-driven resources, which we have learned, if used cohesively, have a shared mission to protect youth worldwide from cyber-related crimes, thereby, allowing them the freedom and security to navigate online.
Program/Department(s): Collaboration & Intelligence
- Partnerships & Engagements
- Research, Intelligence & Analysis
Program Purpose: The Protect Us Kids Foundation (PUK) Collaboration and Intelligence Program provides contacts via a global network of law enforcement agencies, data analytics companies, and research institutions relevant to the Human Trafficking prevention mission.
The Collaboration and Intelligence Program provides (1) relevant statistics, facts, and case studies of Human Trafficking domestically and internationally; as well as (2) leverages data discovery practices and partners with trusted entities to find at-risk youth to identify for programs.
- Law Enforcement, Government, NGO, and Academic generated Human Trafficking reports and stats in support of research, intelligence, analysis and reporting, which support internal data analytics efforts of the organization.
- Suggest and broker partnerships relevant to the overarching Human Trafficking prevention mission.
- Contribute Intel to leverage internally in support of PUK programming, as well as to enrich current and future partnership and collaboration efforts.
Tenure: This is a remote, non-compensated Board of Directors’ position for a 2-year appointment.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities
We are a volunteer-run organization; thus, we rely on the integrity, guidance and work of our Board members. Board members do not just govern the organization, they lead it
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings via teleconference.
- Board members are expected to come to meetings prepared to ask questions, make decisions, and to participate actively in committee work.
- Board members will play a role in securing the financial resources necessary for PUK to achieve its mission, including leveraging personal relationships and connections and making a personal financial contribution each year.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent PUK to their respective communities and to advocate for PUK’s mission and programs as appropriate.
- Board members are expected to help the Board fulfill its fiduciary duties.
Specialized Program Expertise
- Recruit and hire volunteer Directors to execute the Collaboration & Intelligence Program.
- Evaluate programs, policies, and procedures and use findings for strategic planning and to improve program effectiveness. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes and extensions to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program.
- Develop and oversee budgets of the Collaboration & Intelligence program.
- Manage and contribute to the development of PUK’s Research, Intelligence & Analysis Program, as well as the Data Analytics Program, through brokered relationships that support identifying data and intel sources and research.
***Each of our Chairs have volunteers to work with them as a team, and more volunteers can be easily obtained to complete your team, once you identify the needs to complete the building out of your program.
5 More opportunities with PROTECT US KIDS FOUNDATION4 Reviews
About PROTECT US KIDS FOUNDATION
1629 K St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006, US
Our mission is to protect youth from being victimized by predators who leverage cyberspace as an international exploitation tactic. We accomplish this by promoting widespread awareness; educating youth about the dangers of cybercrime and providing them with methods of protection; stimulating the development of technology-driven safety solutions; and establishing strategic partnerships with other organizations to identify key indicators that lead to exploitation.
Protect Us Kids Foundation ( www.protect-us-kids.org) is a U.S. based, 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to protecting youth worldwide from cyber-related crimes, so that they may safely navigate online. Our programs are centered on the unique cultural, behavioral, and societal aspects of marginalized and rural communities that have afforded criminals an increased opportunity to exploit children leveraging technology. Our programs align to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and support global partnership efforts towards combating human trafﬁcking. Our programs include:
- Academic Outreach, Training and Development
- Collaboration & Intelligence
- Health Affairs and Sexual Assault Advocacy & Outreach
- Public Relations & Communications
- Youth Life
While our overall goal is to protect all youth, we have a special interest in those living in underserved, rural and marginalized areas who may be more vulnerable to predatory maneuvers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 10, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Community Outreach
- Business Analysis
- Law Enforcement
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must attend 1 Board meeting per month.
- Full Position Description Available Upon Request.