4 people are interested
Head of Finance
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
This is a pro-bono volunteer position
Under direction of JerseySTEM leadership, you will plan, organize, direct, and manage finance activities including budgeting, cash flow, expense reimbursement, matching gifts management, and corporate/local sponsorship. You will advise volunteer and organization leadership on finance-related issues and will develop, coordinate, and implement finance policies and procedures across the organization.
- Define and manage organizational structure
- Manage the finance team and participate in recruiting new volunteers
- Attend monthly management meetings and hold weekly department meetings
- Ensure organization and all volunteers follow proper finance procedure as set forth by you and your team
- Ensure timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for the management team
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet objectives
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of financial issues affecting the organization
- Recommend and lead new efforts to improve ROE/ROA performance
- Work to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates needed strategies for improvement
- Build, develop and manage a finance team capable of carrying out needed initiatives
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and information technology functions
- Align financial policies and procedures with organization objectives
- Establish financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with organization expenditure requirements and to meet customer needs
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Professional experience, with specific experience in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager)
- Management or team leader experience
- Skilled in managing a team of volunteers
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort working virtually and managing a remote team
JerseySTEM utilizes Quickbooks, G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFi
- 5-7 hours/week, 12 months minimum commitment
- This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address. Local residents preferred
This is a pro-bono volunteer position.
107 More opportunities with JerseySTEM3 Reviews
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 10, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21