2 people are interested
Associate Communications Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
NoSchoolViolence.org is looking for an enthusiastic assistant communications director to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our non-profits behalf.
Excellent communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too.
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or article .
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English
- BSc/BA or finishing a degree in public relations, communications or relevant field
16 More opportunities with NoSchoolViolence.org
222 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, US
NoSchoolviolence is an advanced AI-research driven think tank. We believe that school violence and school shootings form a complex system of social, psychological, cultural, and media forces in play at the moment of a school attack. We are committed to reducing school violence by creating actionable tools that parents, teachers, school administrators, school site psychologists and law enforcement use to anticipate violence before it begins. We apply systems thinking, as well as the latest social science theories, to explore, test and deploy data-informed solutions.
NoSchoolViolence seeks volunteers who can help 1) provide parents, teachers, counselors, mental health professionals, school administrators, researchers and education policy professionals with real insight into how certain adolescent behaviors reveal the likelihood of school violence, and to help develop intervention programs 2) make the best intervention solutions available for schools, 3) create a central national school violence database, 4) provide an app that allows school administrators an academic researchers to explore data elements that have an important role in determining whether a school is statistically vulnerable to violence, 5) research what affect Covid isolation is having on school violence, 6) comparing the language of school shooters who have embraced racist ideologies with the recruitment language of domestic terrorists and providing parents with a dictionary of terms that can be filtered out of their web browsers, 7) study and compare law-enforcement responses to school shootings, and 8) trace the itinerary of all guns used in school shootings to determine what patterns can predict gun use.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 10, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- 3-5 hours weekly