Tacos & Taxes!
ORGANIZATION: GOLDEN STATE OPPORTUNITY
Please visit the new page to apply.
Join Golden State Opportunity to help working Californians file their taxes for free. We’re looking for volunteers to help with general event support and to share resources on tax credits such as the CalEITC . The CalEITC put $1.24 billion back into the pockets of working families and individuals in 2021.
What you’ll do:
- Support GSO staff with event set-up and break down (setting up tables, chairs, and canopies)
- Represent GSO to partners and community members
- Share resources and education on tax credits to put cash back in the hands of working Californians in your community
- All volunteers will receive a brief orientation and training prior to the start of the event
- Desire to connect individuals in your community with the tools to build financial well-being and thrive
- Be a good representative of GSO, treating people with respect and dignity
- Arrive on time and communicate in advance if you will be late or need to
- Sat Mar 25, 2023 - 08:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Sat Mar 25, 2023 - 11:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with GOLDEN STATE OPPORTUNITY
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GOLDEN STATE OPPORTUNITY
345 CALIFORNIA ST STE 600, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104, US
Golden State Opportunity (GSO) is an anti-poverty nonprofit organization dedicated to ending poverty by providing all Californians with the tools to build financial security and thrive.
Golden State Opportunity (GSO) works to increase utilization of other benefits and resources, such as CalFresh and fraud protection awareness, to help families access the dollars available to them and build long-term financial security.
GSO is very active in advocacy, working with coalition partners to spur successive expansions of the CalEITC and turning it into a $1B+ program benefitting over 5 million Californians annually. In 2020, we achieved a major success after years of hard work with the expansion of the CalEITC to include immigrant families without Social Security numbers. GSO conducts our advocacy efforts both statewide and federally-pushing to change policies that foster systemic economic and racial inequities.
GSO’s work includes building extensive networks and deep partnerships, as well as effective communications and outreach strategies. We conduct direct outreach via text messaging and other channels, partner with trusted messengers, and provide grants to community organizations to reach priority communities and provide free tax preparation services, act as the statewide resource for CalEITC and CalFresh outreach and provide materials in 13 languages, and launch multi-channel paid media campaigns to drive broader awareness of tax credits and public benefits.
8300 Limonite AvenueRiverside, CA 92509
March 13, 2023
- Must be at least 18
- 2.5 hours