Operational Volunteers - Seaside Earth Day (Electric Vehicle)Ride, Drive, and Display Show
ORGANIZATION: Ecology Action
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are seeking community members of any age that are interested in community events, public education and electric vehicles! There is a whole new era of transportation coming and we want to spread EV education to the community and help people learn about incentive programs to help them with the purchase of EVs.
We seek volunteers to help us man the following booths:
- Test Drive Check-In Booth: Coordinate test driver sign-ups, work with the dealers to let them know who's on list, check test drivers for green wristbands, have drivers sign waiver/check drivers license, get drivers to take survey after their drive, keep people in line (no blocking sidewalk)
- Ecology Action Resource Booth: Welcome and greet attendees that visit our table, share important information about the program with attendees and answer questions
- Set Up/Tear Down: Unload van, put up pop-up booths, signage, feather flags, tables, chairs, set up test drive stations, survey table, assist vendors with set up as needed
- Floater: Assist with varies tasks such as providing breaks, greeting and welcoming attendees at our booths and more
- Sun Apr 23, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- Sun Apr 23, 2023 - 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
1 More opportunity with Ecology Action
About Ecology Action
877 Center Street Ste 240, SANTA CRUZ, CA 95060, US
Ecology Action is passionately driven to empower individuals, businesses, and communities to take actions today that achieve environmental and economic sustainability.
BIKE TO SCHOOL DAY: Is a monthly incentive program held at 7 schools through out the county. Volunteers set up a table in front of school at the beginning of the day and have students sign in if they biked, walked, skated, or scootered to school. Students receive small prizes and are entered into a raffle to win more prizes for the day like bike lights, locks and helmets. We currently need a volunteer at Del Mar Elementary School in Live Oak and H.A. Hyde Elementary School in Watsonville. BIKE SMART: Help create a generation of empowered skillful young cyclists! Volunteers for the BikeSmart Youth Bicycle Safety Program will be assisting elementary and middle school youth learn about bike safety. We set up a bicycle safety skills obstacle course, called a "rodeo" and bring bikes for the students to ride. We also fit helmets and guide the students through different stations in the obstacle course. This is an outdoor activity, really fun and interactive with lots of laughing while learning. In the ten years that BikeSmart has been active, we have provided hands-on bike safety training to over 18,000 youth in Santa Cruz County. For some students, this is their first time riding a bike and by the end of the day, they are riding strong! BikeSmart operates during the school year and school hours, and volunteers are always needed. We encourage volunteers to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per month. Active4Me & Boltage: Are free student active transportation programs where children earn prizes by walking, biking, scootering and skateboarding to school. Children's trips, miles traveled, calories burned and greenhouse gases saved are uploaded to an online tracking program. The more trips kids have the more prizes they earn. When students arrive at school "actively" they scan in with a volunteer using a handheld scanner (Active4Me) or zap in through an RFID reader (Boltage). We want to create healthy life-long habits by getting kids excited about riding/walking/skating/scootering to school. We are looking for volunteers to help with our south county schools: Mintie White, Starlight and H.A. Hyde. Morning volunteer opportunities include scanning and hand out prizes to students. Afternoon volunteers are also needed to help manage the monthly "Active4Me store" where students can buy fun prizes with the points they have acquired from their active trips to school. Office work: If you would rather work in office we have many in office tasks available. Please contact Erin Devitt at email@example.com or by phone (513) 833-1454 with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
440 Harcourt AvenueSeaside, CA 93955
March 8, 2023
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- This is a one time event. Each shift is 3 hours