BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF DONATIONS INTERN WORK: This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC-Atlanta office in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Donations Coordination Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the Resource Development Program.
- Helping refugee clients to receive in-kind goods via the Resettlement Shop
- Receive and organize in-kind donations
- Track in-kind donations in both donor database and client files
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to update client files with volunteer and resources information
- Update volunteer database
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention
- Provide direct service to refugee clients as needed by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist with donations pickup as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Computer Literacy Intern
- Immigration Program Intern
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- First Things First Women's...
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Community Health Promoter Intern
- Logistics Volunteer
- Job Placement Americorps
- Public Relations Intern
- Childcare Micro-enterprise...
- English as a Second Language...
- Fundraising Intern
- Donations Intern
- Employment Services Intern
- Logistics Intern
- Volunteer and External Relations...
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer
- Health and Wellness Americorps