Head Dance Coach
ORGANIZATION: RESTORING OUR YOUTH ORGANIZATION INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you passionate about giving back to the community and making a difference for our youth? Come join our organization! Our team of friendly and collaborative volunteers are excited to work with you. Continue reading to see if this is the opportunity you’ve been searching for!
Are you passionate about working with community youth? Do you have a background in dance? Well look no further! The Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization is seeking a talented individual who can deliver excellent service to all of its target communities and program/team participants. You will ensure that the dance program remains an integral part of Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc. The Head Dance Coach is responsible for scheduling and overseeing all parts of an assigned dance team as well as planning and running a full schedule of annual concerts and dance performances. Additionally, performing various tasks and responsibilities that contribute to the ongoing success of the organization. Your job position description can be altered at the discretion of the Dance Program Director.
- Promotes all of Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization’s social media platforms, contact information, and the Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization website
- Plans, organises, and leads by example for the assigned dance program/team
- Monitors, guides and supervises dance program members and leaders.
- Expands and improves the dance program.
- Plan program schedules for dance events and practices
- Ensures music for all performances on CD/ IPod format are put together
- Ensures Dance communications for the ROYO is together
- Oversee attendance monitoring and takes care of attendance communications with parents
- Attend required staff meetings and trainings designated by the Dance Program Director
- Applies ROY’s (mission, vision, moto, and values) when dealing with member services
- Follows Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization best practices, processes, and procedures regarding the intake process of a Restoring. Our. Youth. organization member
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization
- Communicates and works with other departments
- Handle additional tasks as needed
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Must pass a successful Criminal background check with our partnering platform Sterling Volunteer company
- Experience preferred in leading a dance program, after school programs, or youth related activities.
- Knowledge of Music and Dance resources (or ideas of how to tap into these resources)
- Must have the ability to organize, delegate, and evaluate dance programs/teams.
- Comprehension of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Lyrical, and Hip Hop Dance techniques and styles
- Skilled in setting up and troubleshooting sound systems/staging
- Coaching skills (not required, but recommended)
- Confident communicator and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and layout/design skills are required
- Have a strong public presence - articulate, optimistic and energetic with the ability to motivate and inspire people at all levels
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Open to adjusting and modelling the ROY’s mission, vision, moto, and values.
- Willing to reach out to the Dance Program Director or Assistant Dance Program Director to gain support and make proper decisions when in doubt
- Must work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends (as needed).
- Should work effectively with high-risk populations.
- Must prioritize tasks and work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Operate a computer to enter necessary data on the behalf of the ROY organization. (*When assigned to do so)
Note: Must be located in the United States of America, preferably in the Chicagoland area.
Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
40 More opportunities with RESTORING OUR YOUTH ORGANIZATION INC
About RESTORING OUR YOUTH ORGANIZATION INC
430 E 162ND ST, SOUTH HOLLAND, IL 60473, US
Our Mission is to provide youth and community empowerment programs, development training, and community services to our youth, teens, young adults, and communities.
The Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc.is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the youth, teens, youth adults, and communities through our mission and vision. We believe that it is our duty and responsibility to render services to the communities by implementing restoration programs and development training to our youth, young adults, and communities. We will:
- Empower our youth to "Think Big" in all that they say and do.
- Meet the needs of the surrounding communities.
- Ignite unity in every community.
- Act as mentors and coaches for all of our members and the organization.
- Help create and develop our future leaders.
The R.O.Y.Organization's servant journey has begun to target youth group ages 3-12, teens 13-19, young adults 21-25, and south suburban communities in the Chicagoland area. Our future goal is to reach all developing communities around the world.
It is our mission and vision to re-invent the wheel and restore the youth, and generations that have suffered from many past and present negative milestones to included deprivation of equality, economic success, and social justice.
Our team consists of professional leaders and concerned citizens who are charged up, and who are passionate about driving the R.O.Y.Organization's mission and vision. We pledge to make a positive change that will ignite togetherness, and develop leaders to be productive citizens of today, tomorrow, and generations to come.
Multiple locations Harvey, IL 60426
March 8, 2023
- Youth Services
- Music Arts
- Background Check