The U.S. End FGM/C Network Steering Committee Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The U.S. End FGM/C Network
The mission of the U.S. End FGM/C Network is to eliminate FGM/C by connecting, supporting, elevating, and advocating with diverse US stakeholders engaged in FGM/C prevention, education and care. The U.S. Network operates on a clear set of values which can be found here.
The U.S. End FGM/C Network is fiscally sponsored by NEO Philanthropy, Inc. This position is for the Steering Committee for the fiscally sponsored project, The U.S. End FGM/C Network. The Steering Committee is a separate group from NEO’s Board of Directors. The Steering Committee is considered an Advisory Committee for The Network and provides guidance and consultation to NEO as the legal entity.
This is a volunteer position. Steering Committee members will serve a term of four years and no more than two consecutive terms. The U.S. Network is looking to fill at least two positions for the Steering Committee. This is a fully remote position with potential for in-person meetings or events.
Steering Committee Responsibilities
- Be informed about and committed to, and an ambassador for the Network’s mission, vision, and values, strategic and operating plans, policies, programs, statements, and activities
- Ensure that appropriate staff, consultants, and Steering Committee members are in place to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values, Strategic Plan, and other identified objectives of the Network.
- Recruit, monitor, support and participate in an annual performance evaluation of the Network Director
- Ensure appropriate policies addressing conflicts of interest are in place and being enforced.
- Review financial statements, funding goals and plans, budgets and participate in fundraising as appropriate
- Review and provide recommendations on Network policy briefs and statements on relevant issues and events related to FGM/C
- Prepare for and actively contribute to Steering Committee meetings, be available for consultation, and respond to requests for information and feedback from the Network Director and other Steering Committee members in a timely manner.
- Participate in periodic self-reviews of the Steering Committee performance (including composition, organization, and responsibilities) and take steps to improve performance as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Network’s internal executive discussions and request approval when disclosure is necessary.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about The U.S. End FGM/C Network’s mission to end FGM/C in the U.S. and globally. The Network is specifically looking for members who have a background in one or more areas of expertise:
- Survivors and those with lived experience related to FGM/C and other forms of gender-based violence
- Government relations
- Fundraising or development
- Human Resources
- Medicine or public health
- Communications and media
- Movement building and activism
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8297 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
45 West 36th Street6th FloorNew York, NY 10018
March 8, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK