Great Basin NP Campground Host
ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Main duties include:
- Welcoming the public to Great Basin National Park
- Assisting park visitors with campground vacancies, fees, and registration information
- Performing daily campsite tag replacement
- Performing campground compliance checks
- Answering questions and providing orientation to Great Basin National Park and the surrounding federal, state, and county recreation areas; informing visitors about safety and resource protection concerns in the campground, park overlooks, and park trails
- Keeping camping areas clean, organized, and presentable. Performing routine litter removal and minor maintenance in the campground as necessary
- Roving the nearby trails, interacting with visitors, noting and reporting resource damage and walking on uneven terrain in a variety of temperatures
- Educating visitors about campground regulations, such as dogs off leash or generator hours. Working with law enforcement rangers to resolve minor problems
- Wearing the NPS volunteer uniform according to written standards
- Supporting search and rescue operations by providing trailhead checks and information to visitors
- Performing all duties in a safe, professional, and respectful manner
- Willing to work 32 hours per week, including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Desire to talk with the public
- Skills and ability to work independently in remote rugged backcountry areas
- RV for five week stay (or longer)
Camp host will be provided a radio for communication to other campgrounds within the park as well as park headquarters. Laundry and freezer space is available in the staff housing area. Baker, NV is approximately six miles away; it is a small community with some services, including two restaurants, shower facilities, and a gas station. Ely, NV is the nearest full-service community about 70 miles away.
More details available upon request.
Start Date - 2023-05-17
End Date - 2023-09-09
Activities include: Campground/Site Host;General Assistance;Visitor Information
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
476 More opportunities with National Park Service2 Reviews
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
Great Basin National ParkBaker, NV 89311
March 8, 2023
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation