Site Host Silver Lake Recreation Area (day use) on Apalachicola NF
ORGANIZATION: USDA Forest Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Be a first person informal contact for visitors; may be asked to provide roving and formal/informal interpretation to communicate developed site, agency mission.
- Stay in the area and serve as a resource for visitors; visit with and conduct inspections throughout the recreation area.
- Assist with registering trail usage plus provide information on rules/guidelines to help provide a safe, clean environment for all visitors (note: fees are not collected by volunteers directly from hikers - this is a self-service fee area).
- Provide posted information, answer questions about the campground, local amenities and services, trails, area recreational opportunities and site regulations
- Identify issues that need to be addressed; contact FS officials to address issues.
- Serve as an important link between USFS law enforcement officials and the site. Hosts only report incidents and situations that need to be addressed. Hosts do not take actions to enforce laws, regulations and policies, such as detaining or arresting suspects and endangering themselves or visitors.
- Monitor safety and reporting hazards to appropriate FS officials.
- Assist in maintaining the beauty of the site and visitor safety by ensuring that visitors know and follow rules during their visit; conduct minor maintenance and clean up.
- Help with other duties that may arise that benefit the visitors.
- Maintenance responsibilities will include: daily water testing of chlorine residual, cleaning restroom, cleaning contact station, operate mowing equipment as needed and trained, light carpentry and plumbing repairs, emptying of trash cans and recycling receptacles, transporting garbage to work center dumpster, litter pickup.
- May be called upon to assist with emergencies such as SAR (search-and-rescue) or evacuations due to hurricane or wildland fire; operate two-way radio equipment; report suspicious behavior and/or criminal incidents.
Must be willing to make 6 month commitment including holidays, be able to work at least 30 hours per week, and have your own RV/trailer with a shower and bathroom.
- Visitor Information
- Working with People
Start Date - 2023-03-06
End Date - 2023-10-01
Activities include: Campground/Site Host;Campground Maintenance;Construction/Maintenance;Other;Trail/Campground Maintenance
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
About USDA Forest Service
1400 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20250, US
The USDA Forest Service's mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.
The United States Forest Service (USFS) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that administers the nation’s 154 national forests and 20 national grasslands, spanning 193 million acres of land.
11152 Northwest SR 20Bristol, FL 32321
June 8, 2023
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation