1 person is interested
Have a vision for a future without poverty? Be an advocate in Arkansas.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Do you have a vision for a future without poverty?
- Do you believe that all people, no matter where they live, have the right to affordable housing, nutritious food, medical care, and economic security?
- Do you want to be part of a network of passionate and informed advocates working together to call for solutions to poverty?
- Do you want to grow your advocacy skills by speaking with policymakers and publishing media that call attention to injustice?
If you said 'yes,’ then RESULTS can support you to make an impact-and you don’t need to be a policy expert! Get started today: www.results.org/volunteer
RESULTS volunteers work together to pass policies that improve economic security for people here in Arkansas and around the world. Poor policy, injustice, and oppression cause millions of people to live in poverty without access to things like housing, food, and medical care. By working with our government leaders, RESULTS volunteers support policies that seek to create a world where:
- People have a safe, affordable place to call home
- No one is worried about where their next meal will come from
- Families can experience economic stability
- People across the world have access to quality healthcare, nutrition, and education
"I found that my initial instinct was to repost on social media. I really had a strong urge to take my advocacy offline. RESULTS was a perfect avenue to do that" - Aisha (RESULTS Miami volunteer)
Be part of our community calling for change! Be an advocate with RESULTS in Arkansas.
4-6 hours per month as a volunteer advocate with RESULTS includes:
- Support to take effective advocacy actions with other volunteers in your community, such as meeting with senators and representatives, publishing media pieces, and organizing in your community
- Monthly webinars covering policy updates, advocacy training, anti-oppression, as well as other support & tools available for volunteers
- Self-paced advocacy skills training
- Connection to a community of advocates in Arkansas and across the U.S.
Take the first step and sign up for your 1-hour New Advocate Orientation
97 More opportunities with RESULTS12 Reviews
1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, US
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity. With every hour of their time, volunteers multiply their impact through the enormous power of advocacy -- whether it’s helping change policy to support millions of families putting food on the table or helping raise billions of dollars for the world’s most vulnerable children. Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
For over 40 years, RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund have been shining light on critical, effective solutions to poverty. By combining the powerful voices of civic advocates with research and oversight of U.S. anti-poverty efforts at home and abroad, RESULTS has been changing government priorities and people’s lives.
"I saw RESULTS on VolunteerMatch, but I wasn’t sure what advocacy was. Before that, I wasn’t really aware of the way different government policies impacted me. But RESULTS gave me a whole new perspective. I learned that if you want change, first you need to see what members of Congress are doing and build connections." - Yaseer Khanani
"I became an advocate because I wanted to be more involved in an organization that strives to make positive change. I really appreciate how genuine and dedicated everyone is to the RESULTS mission." - Sunjay Menon
"At RESULTS, we advocate for the issues that are close to my heart, like global health, education, and poverty eradication. I get to talk about issues that I witness throughout my professional and personal life. I can effect change by raising my voice." - Shabina Hussein
City WideState University, AR 72467
March 7, 2023
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Average time commitment is 4-6 hours / month. There are opportunities for more hours if desired.
- After completing the virtual New Advocate Orientation, RESULTS will connect you with other advocates in your community.