SMART Recovery Group Facilitator at Silver Hill Hospital!
ORGANIZATION: Silver Hill Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
Silver Hill Hospital, a leading psychiatric hospital, wants to start offering Volunteer-led SMART Recovery Meetings to complement the 12-step Meetings on our campus (AA, NA, Dual Diagnosis Anonymous) so that our patients may have greater opportunities to strengthen their sobriety.
Department/Unit: Transitional Living Program
Volunteer Title: SMART Recovery Volunteer
Objective: SMART stands for Self-Management and Recovery Training. The SMART Recovery certified volunteer leader will teach and encourage our residents to achieve independence from alcohol and substance usage with SMART’s science based 4-point program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an educational discussion around key recovery, cognitive and motivational concepts in Smart Recovery.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must have 1 year or more of sobriety.
- Must be a certified SMART Recovery facilitator.
- Practice SMART in your own personal recovery journey.
Lines of Communication:
- Volunteer Coordinator will schedule and confirm volunteer.
- Volunteer Coordinator will find substitute volunteer if needed.
- Volunteer Coordinator and Volunteer will keep open line of communication regarding volunteer experiences and expectations of the role.
- Staff will supervise and support groups.
Orientation and Training:
- One day of general hospital orientation conducted by Human Resources
2 More opportunities with Silver Hill Hospital
About Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, CT 06840, US
The mission of Silver Hill Hospital is to provide our patients with the best available treatment of mental illness and addiction; and to offer continuing support, counseling and education to our patients and their families in every phase of illness and recovery. For over seventy years, Silver Hill Hospital has been at the forefront of psychiatry and leads the way in providing the best treatment for psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Our track record of success is based on a carefully executed team effort, one that uses an array of powerful tools, talent and knowledge to help people turn their lives around.
Silver Hill Hospital is a not-for-profit, nationally recognized, independent psychiatric hospital offering diagnosis and treatment for the full range of psychiatric illnesses and substance use disorders.
Because Silver Hill is a hospital that provides both inpatient and residential treatment, patients have the advantage of our unusually broad and comprehensive range of programs. Patients who are acutely ill and who require intensive psychiatric and nursing supervision are treated in one of our adult or adolescent inpatient units. Treatments there tend to be medically oriented and the stay is typically short.
Patients who are ready for more psychological and behavioral interventions can be treated in our residential Transitional Living Programs, where there is more openness and the treatment course is longer.
All volunteers are requested to grant permission for a background check and are required to participate in an initial orientation and training process (group or one-on-one with volunteer manager)
208 Valley RdNew CanaanNew Canaan, CT 06840
March 7, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Life Coaching
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- To be determined