1 person is interested
Community Engager that attends local events to #ENDALZ
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Alzheimer's Association Community Representatives are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer’s Association services. Community Representatives:
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association at a target of 12 community events - neighborhoods, rural counties, business and civic organizations or faith communities. Think Health Fair, Senior Expos, Festivals, You'll set up and man the table to increase visibility of the Association and education about the disease. The staff partner will help you through onboarding and FAQs.
- Offer 20-minute Introduction to Alzheimer’s presentations for community organizations, congregations, civic organizations, sororities / fraternities, clubs and other locations (optional but helpful)
- Promote support groups, education programs, Alzheimer & Brain Awareness Month, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media and physical displays in your community.
- Connect the Alzheimer's Association to new community organizations and connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities.
Email Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to volunteer.alz.org to create a profile and submit an application.
15 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association
About Alzheimer's Association
5171 Glenwood Ave, Suite 101, Raleigh, NC 27612, US
Our Vision: A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia. Our Mission: The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We work on a national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias.
As the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing vital research towards methods of treatment, prevention and ultimately a cure.
The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer's research and care initiatives at the state and federal level.
See our impact at alz.org/about/our-impact.
Multiple locations Wilmington, NC 28405
March 7, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on request for the Association to attend an event. Sometimes you'll be able to do the event on your own or we'll look for volunteers to help cover shifts.
- Availability on weekends